My dog has been savaged

Was out at 10 oclock last night walking my spaniel, when a pitbull like dog ran over and laid into my dog, swear to god it took 10 minutes to get it off him, with about 10 full body kicks from me, tell you I was absolutely blazing, the owner said that the dog was a friendly normally a friendly dog, I just wanted to bang him in the mouth, but that wouldnt solve anything, it were a nightmare.

Took him to the vets this morning, he had teeth marks to his neck and shoulder, and part of his ear has been ripped, at this moment in time he is at the vets under anestetic haveing his ear stitched up, got to go and pick him up in an hour, tell you lads Im livid, and my anger is at boiling point. I have been to the owners house 3 times today, but theres nobody in, I have been informed today that the same dog savaged a Yorkshire Terrier last week.

There is no way Im paying the vet bill, going to give it to the dogs owner as soon as I catch up with him, in my opinion this dog is dangerous.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tin of wd40 up its nose springs to mind, then smarten the owner up , the same happened to me last month with a jack Russell of all things. Needless to say. The owner seemed to fall in a river we where at the side of , the dog wants educating as well as the owner , put to sleep in my opinion but that's just me :)

Edited by delburt0

you could probably choke it unconscious if you would dare get that close, allegedly a finger up the bumm distracts them too, personally i dont fancy trying that one

Choking or finger up the bum?

Is that really the best advice out there?

Jeeez sounds like a night out with Billy.

if it has got a collar on, find a stick, through the collar and using the stick as a lever - twist, that should get it off, i saw this done (by the owner of the dog) trying to get it off another dog he owned, worked pretty quickly.

that sounds like a good approach, it would stop blood travelling to the brain very quickly, dog would be out cold in a few seconds

I hope your dog gets over the attack, this kind of thing can set it back for a long time.

Forget about dangerous dogs I don't blame it at all...the owner must take full responsibility for its actions.

Inform the police & RSPCA he is not fit to own such an animal.....Also you are right to demand he pays your vet bill.

ATB

that sounds like a good approach, it would stop blood travelling to the brain very quickly, dog would be out cold in a few seconds

Would need to be a thick collar, stout walking stick has many uses.........

To the OP, I recommend a call to the police ASAP to report it and to the local council/dog warden sometimes police aren't interested in a dog on dog attack but local warden should be informed. ALso need to check the details you were given arent bogus and follow up incase the owner dumps the dog and claims never to have seen or heard of it.....

A lad I know who has one says that he walks his dog with a metal spoon in his pocket and would prise the dogs mouth open with it. He believed that the dog didnt like the metal on its teeth and as such it would let go. Even though the thing would just try and latch on again. It was a nice dog to be fair and only really turned if another dog got aggressive with it.

Just been and picked him up, said the op went fairly well, he is all stitched up, the vet had shaved his neck and shoulder, he said the teeth marks are quite deep, it has hit my pocket for £210 and back again with him on tuesday, just glad he is ok, it could have been a lot worse.

Im going to have my tea, then Im off round to the owners house with the bill, he only lives 2 minutes away, the mrs is just drafting a letter, will push it through his letter box if I cannot make contact, he is allso getting a copy of the vet bill aswell.