rookery

tbriggs166

Hi guys, when do you think the young will be out of the nest? As every thing seems to be 2/3 weeks behind this year . Have any of you seen them out on the branches yet?

As I haven't got chance yet to go and have a look as i'm revising for A levels. My last exam is on 5th so hoping they come out than.

3 days ago here in Dorset.It was my first time out Rooking and only second time shooting a shotgun.A mate lent me his shotgun so we could both shoot at them.I managed to hit 2 and my mate had about 15.Had them to eat this evening.Just the breasts and legs marinated in sweet chille sauce,Garlic and red wine and then pan fried.

3 days ago here in Dorset.It was my first time out Rooking and only second time shooting a shotgun.A mate lent me his shotgun so we could both shoot at them.I managed to hit 2 and my mate had about 15.Had them to eat this evening.Just the breasts and legs marinated in sweet chille sauce,Garlic and red wine and then pan fried.

Can you actually eat them?

12 may is rook day, or so they used to say, so if you say there 2 wks late mate 26 may they should on the branches, I shot half doz on the 5 may around here which would make un few days early

yeah i'm i little bit further north but yeah it won't make much of a difference, i'm guessing they will be out by now which is a shame, will have a look on the 5th when i finish my exams, fingers crossed there is still some about on branches, if not im sure i will still shoot them in farmyard