Meet Jed, my new Lab

Fal

• 4 weeks later...

Update! Jed is now 12 weeks old and eating me out of house and home! He's growing so fast its hard to believe. I've started doing a few bits and bobs with him, sit, stay and a bit of lead work but not too much of any. He seems very switched on, trying to be careful not to rush him.

post-51022-0-01642900-1371808508_thumb.jpg

He's about the same age as my chocolate Lab bitch and I'll bet gets up to the same sort of nonsense....... My Lola just got me out of bed at 0500 because she needed to go outside and she woke me by chewing on my toes! LOL!

Still, the good news is she asked. :)

Mine sits and sometimes stays and has learnt to come to the whistle and since she keeps bringing me every twig she picks up, we now take a puppy dummy to the field a couple of times a day. I give her 2 or 3 short (5-10 yards) retrieves and that's enough to to get the exploding fireworks out of her system......... and like your Jed, is eating me out of house and home! :)

I went without dogs for about 15 years when I lived in Africa because I had to travel so much and it's simply a joy to have a dog back in my life again!

Edited by shakari

I went without dogs for about 15 years when I lived in Africa because I had to travel so much and it's simply a joy to have a dog back in my life again!

It's been 4 years for me, I can honestly say it sucks not having a dog!! The good thing is worming him is easy make him sit and he thinks its a treat! Not like my other dogs where I had to wrestle the tablet down his throat! lol

My vet gave me worming tablets that look like training treats and she took it without any worries at all........ but that's Labs for you huh! :)

I've also gotta say Lola is probably the easiest dog I've ever had. She messed in the house twice on the first day but since then she just takes herself outside to do it. :)

Have to say, my lifestyle has changed now so there's pretty much always someone at home and the door to the garden is always open so she can get out of the house any time she likes.

• 4 weeks later...

Jed update!!

Still eating me out of house and home, he's very good on the recall, sit and stop whistle. I am really suprised how quick he is picking things up, I am trying to hold him back even though I feel he could be doing a little more but not worth risking it.

Took this photo last weekend after he walked along a ledge of a local stream, stepped off and in he went!! He's coming up to 3 1/2 months now, couldn't ask for more!!!

post-51022-0-67279700-1374006068_thumb.jpg

They do grow fast , mine is now 5 months and is really getting big.

Don,t take this the wrong way but he looks a little on the lean side to me in that last photo.

Has he been wormed recently ?

this was mine at the same age , I appreciate that dogs come in different shapes and sizes

Milo004_zps4df7c54a.jpg

Edited by fenboy

Hi Fenboy!

He's wormed up to date, Last time I weighed him in the vets for flea treatment he was 11.5k and at 3 1/2 months I think that's fine? I think it's because he's soaking wet, can you remember how heavy yours was at 3 1/2 months?