andyh990

Hi I am in the middle of getting all the paper work together for applying for my FAC and have a couple of question I'm hoping someone could help me with:

The use of the rifles I am applying for is general pest control rabbits and foxes

I am applying for a .17 HMR and a .22 LR, are these 2 guns sufficient or is it worth applying for a bigger rifle also like a .22 250, .220 swift or .223?

And what amount of ammo should I apply for each calibre? Do I have to state expanding ammo or because its vermin control is that standard?

Do I write moderators in a separate box on the forms to apply for them as well?

I have also applied for a FAC 12g as well, is this easily granted or not worth the hassle.

Any help appreciated and I am also based in Cardiff whiling to travel if anyone would like or needs a buddy when out shooting as I would like to gain more experience.

Thanks

if your taking fox a 222 or 223 might be a good idea treat the mod as a seperate firearm round by me 250 rounds at a time with 200 purchased at any one time but thats not the best so most people may ask for more.

you can apply for what you want provided your reason for owning is enough.why do you need an fac shotgun?

you will need good a reason to have fac 12 g section 1 ie why do you need a high capacity 12g etc :good: as for center fire you might struggle for your first fac :no: as for your rim fires put down 22lr with mod and 17 hmr with mod :good: as for ammo again thats up to you but you need to justify the amounts you ask for :good: