clicker

Ive just finished watching "jim albone exceptional red letter day" noticed they all count with clickers and not the final picked bag. I noticed frew out the film a few birds not dead walk off or go down winged in hedge rows witch would be hard to find. Back to my question, do you count with clicker/in your head your final bag or what you pick up at the end of the day? Ive always just counted what ive picked at the end of the day. What do you do??

Ive just finished watching "jim albone exceptional red letter day" noticed they all count with clickers and not the final picked bag. I noticed frew out the film a few birds not dead walk off or go down winged in hedge rows witch would be hard to find. Back to my question, do you count with clicker/in your head your final bag or what you pick up at the end of the day? Ive always just counted what ive picked at the end of the day. What do you do??

all ways count what I pick up end of day mate, I have 2 ess with me when I shoot, this prevents those birds that drop behind , or in hedge or winged being lost , and those that can walk of are dispatched very quickly :good:

Always use a clicker, one for corvids, one for pigeons. As Motty said, in standing crops or near woodland, I then know what I need to find otherwise if the action gets fast and furious, you may forget a winged bird or two. Have three Sprockers at the end to find any birds unaccounted for at the end of the day.

I use a clicker too , for the same reasons as already stated , just so I know how many I have to pick up.

Unlike some others I dont count what is on the clicker as my bag total , that is what is actually retrieved , we have all seen the stories where someone says "I shot 812 but only picked 56 as they were in standing crops" :lol:

I was just about to state " but do u count the clicker as ur final bag or what you pick up"" but fen boy beat me too it, what about you others?? What u pick or whats on clicker as final bag??

But good idea to have one to see how many you have to pick up.

Matty

Always use a clicker so i know how many i have to pick up... the picked ones are the final bag..

Quite often the picked ones are more than is on the clicker after my spaniel has finished in the hedge back picking all the ones i thought i had missed and did not put on the clicker... :lol::lol:

I normally don't see enough birds to justify a clicker :lol: . I use my own to note exactly how many jackdaws, rooks, ferals, woodies etc, as I keep a detailed log of everything I shoot on my laptop at home.

Always use a clicker so i know how many i have to pick up... the picked ones are the final bag..

Quite often the picked ones are more than is on the clicker after my spaniel has finished in the hedge back picking all the ones i thought i had missed and did not put on the clicker... :lol::lol:

Same as above, only have a young yellow Lab. Have found that the 'clicker total' and 'picked total' can differ up to 10% or more when big bags (200) or more are made over difficult crops, laid cereals for example.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a clicker in my bag, but often forget to use it if things get a bit "busy".

I have a friend who is a fanatical coarse fishing match angler and he uses a clicker when he is snatching "bits" on the pole or whip.

He knows how many clicks equal specific total weights and at the final weigh-in, he is never out by much.