Tattoo aftercare...

henry d

I have a fair bit of ink on me now and for the last few years I have used nothing but tattoo goo. It's a dedicated after care treatment . Savlon can leach colour and nappy rash cream is exactly that. No Vaseline either. I have a tattoo suppliers near me. If you want some to try pm me.

John

Hehe you guys make us laugh.......keep it wrapped in cling film NOT..........savlon NOT.......do not bathe NOT........Vaseline NOT......me and my bro have been in this industry for 30 years and now heard it all.

If your tattoo scabs big it means the tattooist has overworked the skin and its gone mushy

Modern pigment does not fall out if its put into the skin properly.

Modern swimming pools use reverse osmosis for cleaning water so reducing the amount of chemicals used.

Most problems with tattoos are down to personal hygiene .

After the tattoo is finished the artist will wash you down with Green Soap and apply a layer of Vaseline or Hustle Butter,and wrap with cling film or a modern dressing

After approx 2/3 hours you will develope a gooey film on the tattoo......remove dressing and wash with a mild soap...man up and use as hot water and vigorous rub as you can take and patt dry with clean kitchen roll

Apply a pea size drop of either bepanthen or ideally Hustle butter

Only re cover on first night to save bed sheets

Clean and re apply twice a day and no more than pea size cream

I'll continue to take my advice from an award winning studio that's booked solidly for months, I can see with my own eyes how it's healed, perfectly. Better than any other I've had done.

I'm not de riding anyone here but just doing something for a long period of time doesn't automatically make you any good at it.

to be honest i think everyone has got there own way and if that works then fine.

ive got a half sleeve down to on my hand, my neck, my chest, me stomach, my other arm and my leg done.

i washed after taking cling film off and used a SMALL amount of bepanthen but did no recover for bed time. so take the tip thats been giving because ive had many bed sheets coverd in ink/cream.

the only other tip i can give is to leave it alone, u dont need to keep touching it, its not gonna fall off. just cream and leave it to heal, oh and try no to keep it in direct sunlight (rare i no) if its fresh.

post some pictures when its done :good:

Quite right take the advice of your award winning artist....... There is no reason to change to anyone else's way , if it works for you stick to it.

Out of curiosity how many of you guys know that there never has been any recognised qualification in tattooing or tattoo hygiene. There is no official apprentices either and that awards are given out at conventions like confetti making them lovely ornaments but meaningless

Wire cup brush on angle grinder. Keep going 'till you've removed all traces of ink...there that looks better!

Ok, ok...I'll get my coat!

TT

from some of the pics I have seen posted on here that would be the best advice.

KW

Hehe you guys make us laugh.......keep it wrapped in cling film NOT..........savlon NOT.......do not bathe NOT........Vaseline NOT......me and my bro have been in this industry for 30 years and now heard it all.

If your tattoo scabs big it means the tattooist has overworked the skin and its gone mushy

Modern pigment does not fall out if its put into the skin properly.

Modern swimming pools use reverse osmosis for cleaning water so reducing the amount of chemicals used.

Most problems with tattoos are down to personal hygiene .

After the tattoo is finished the artist will wash you down with Green Soap and apply a layer of Vaseline or Hustle Butter,and wrap with cling film or a modern dressing

After approx 2/3 hours you will develope a gooey film on the tattoo......remove dressing and wash with a mild soap...man up and use as hot water and vigorous rub as you can take and patt dry with clean kitchen roll

Apply a pea size drop of either bepanthen or ideally Hustle butter

Only re cover on first night to save bed sheets

Clean and re apply twice a day and no more than pea size cream

Do you know anyone in the Norwich/Norfolk area that would like a half sleeve to use (maybe a trainee) as got one on my arm that I wanted covered with some kind of tribal .....and what kind of costs it would be???

Do you know anyone in the Norwich/Norfolk area that would like a half sleeve to use (maybe a trainee) as got one on my arm that I wanted covered with some kind of tribal .....and what kind of costs it would be?

not of the top of my head but there is a tattoo convention in norwich on 17/18th august come along and have a look......we have one of our artists there too

Quite right take the advice of your award winning artist....... There is no reason to change to anyone else's way , if it works for you stick to it.

Out of curiosity how many of you guys know that there never has been any recognised qualification in tattooing or tattoo hygiene. There is no official apprentices either and that awards are given out at conventions like confetti making them lovely ornaments but meaningless

Fair play, you're the man in the know.

I always thought that the awards given out at the bigger conventions were decided by the artists themselves or at least people of credibility within the industry.

Making them mean something.

I have judged at several shows mate it's down to personal taste and opinions. You know the sort of thing. The big problem with modern tattooing now is everyone wants fine art realistic photo quality and it won't last in the skin so it's easy to judge a fantastic tattoo when it's first done but a few years later is a totally different tatt