scope mounted lamps?

Buzzer

I've just had to come back in from a bit of rat lamping with my air rifle because my lamp goes flat after 20 mins!!! :D:D

Is there a lamp that will fit on a scope that will last longer than 20 mins ?

Only want to spend around £100 tops, as I dont do alot of air gunning.

Do filters on lamps make any difference while ratting?

All the best

Buzz :lol:

I dont know about filters with rats, but as you are using an air gun you only need a low wattage bulb in your lamp. If you can fit a 10W bulb and use say a 7Ah batery you will get several hours. I use a 60W bulb with a 7Ah and get about 40 minutes but that is a whole nights worth on the 223 as you only flash it on every now and then. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about the Logun Ph Smart lamp?

I got my from Stuart Cly Traps in Melton for about 75 quid and it's great for rabbits out to about 60 m.

I put a homemade red filter on it and that limits use to about 30 - 35 m with my Simmons 3-9x40, but if you have an illuminated retical, you should be able to go beyond that.

Hope this helps,

Wookie

Deben mini is great and makes a Logun look like the rubbish it is. The pro version has a dimmer too. A mate with the logun couldn't see further than about 30 yds with the thing so didn't know which way to turn to find the Rabbits. The Deben reaches out to 150 yds with a red filter or 300 yds without so you can locate the quarry. Using the dimmer you then turn it down as you approach.