Pigeons all over but I cant shoot them

Sprackles

Went for a recce and a chat with the farmer today. Told me where the new drillings of peas were.

Also got a large field of peas drilled about a fortnight ago, just showing through.

Finished my look around and found pigeons bombing in from all directions onto the new drillings so my plan was to get there first thing tomorrow.

Get a call at tea time from farmer...few pigeons on the sprouting field...they will do more damage he says so off I go tomorrow to shoot over a dozen or so piddies leaving a possible red letter day alone.

Ah well, its all about keeping the farmer happy...without his say so I would not be shooting anything...there will be another day.

Went for a recce and a chat with the farmer today. Told me where the new drillings of peas were.

Also got a large field of peas drilled about a fortnight ago, just showing through.

Finished my look around and found pigeons bombing in from all directions onto the new drillings so my plan was to get there first thing tomorrow.

Get a call at tea time from farmer...few pigeons on the sprouting field...they will do more damage he says so off I go tomorrow to shoot over a dozen or so piddies leaving a possible red letter day alone.

Ah well, its all about keeping the farmer happy...without his say so I would not be shooting anything...there will be another day.

The farmers logic seems a bit skewed. Surely he realises that any birds shot on the freshly drilled fields won't be attacking the peas when they do come through.

Anyway, it is easy enough to shoot both fields in a day, if weather permits.

how? ??? if birds start moving at same time of day on both fields hows he gona shoot both ?? I can see the logic of the farmer,new drilling the birds are only gone pick up whats left on top as on the other peas that are up, they will be eating, damaging the plant , there for be better off protecting whats growing rather then seed that spilt

Edited by browning n spaniel

how? ??? if birds start moving at same time of day on both fields hows he gona shoot both ?? I can see the logic of the farmer,new drilling the birds are only gone pick up whats left on top as on the other peas that are up, they will be eating, damaging the plant , there for be better off protecting whats growing rather then seed that spilt

as he has stated, different towns, they are probably different flocks anyway.

i would go with the farmers wishes even though you know there is a better chance on another field if he wants you to shoot a certain field you should oblige regardless i know its not easy been there myself

don't forget he is the one who has give you permission on there in the first place and by showing willing you will reap the rewards in the following weeks, months, years

The best way would be to shoot as many birds as possible. Better to kill 50 on the fresh dilled field than 5 on the other one. That would benefit the farmer in the long run.

If there's enough pigeons around, it would be easy enough to shoot both fields. Have a few hours on the one the farmer wants, and if there's no joy, move onto the more promising field with plenty of time to spare.