SGC?

Evening all.

Can anyone tell me if u can get a SGC if u store ur gun somewhere other than your home?

Mrs T is adamant I'm not having one as she doesn't want a gun in the house wi kids (dont know what she thinks the air rifle is!)

I feel the need for another tool in my mission to thin out the crows an pigeons on my farm perm, very clode to just tellin her I'm doin it anyway but trying to keep the peace if I can.

Ta

Paul.

i think the person you leave it with will have to put it in there cert if its going to be in there hands or more than 72 hours

The shotgun goes on the owner's SGC. They must tell the Firearms dept. the address and details of where it is to be stored, with details of SGC of the person storing. Hope this helps

Why not fit a cab for the air rifle , then apply ,buy ,lock up she will never know

Was'nt there recent legislation saying you have to store air weapons in a cabinet if children under the age of 16 could have access to the weapon.?

So buy the shotgun and store it with the air weapon as stated ,She'll never know! :whistling:

What exactly is her issue or has she just been reading the Daily Mail too much? Try to educate her on shotguns/firearms and she'll see that they are not really Evil and don't pose a risk in the hands of a responsible owner. As some of the others mentioned, it might be an idea to lock the air rifle up anyway so she doesn't need to know what else is in there. Alternatively, tell her hair straigteners pose a serious fire hazzard and you're not having them in the house with kids.

I'd say ask her if you can borrow the trousers and put your foot down. If you want/need/can afford one, get one.

What exactly is her issue or has she just been reading the Daily Mail too much? Try to educate her on shotguns/firearms and she'll see that they are not really Evil and don't pose a risk in the hands of a responsible owner. As some of the others mentioned, it might be an idea to lock the air rifle up anyway so she doesn't need to know what else is in there. Alternatively, tell her hair straigteners pose a serious fire hazzard and you're not having them in the house with kids.

I'd say ask her if you can borrow the trousers and put your foot down. If you want/need/can afford one, get one.

+1 on the education point. My good lady didn't know I hadhad a gun when we first got together and was scared to death when we had a bbq'd and I got the clay trap out followed by the shot gun. "Guns kill people" she said. "People kill people, an unloaded gun is just a lump of wood and a bit of metal" was my response. Anyway,after a few chats on the subject, I managed to convince her to just hold it whilst I altered the trap.

The next time I was having a couple of clays, I talked her round to having a go. Now she is a better shot than me and wants to go shooting every week.

Good points by all. Amazed no one has suggested growing a spine yet lol;)

Rifle is in a hard case with padlocked handle so that's covered.

As for education I am trying but she only hears what she wants to, she is the type to avoid any risk in life almost to the point of doing nothing just in case!

Yes , kept mine at my parents for a few years while i lived elsewhere, as long as you have the keys and they are secure theres no problem.

Tod

Do your parents have SGC or did u keep them there just on yours?

Ta

Paul.

I think they would only need a SGC if they had access to the guns. If it's your safe and only you have the keys it should not matter.

If you wanted to keep them in my safe then we'd both need all the guns in the safe on both our tickets.

I still say just get what you want/need. She'll soon get used to it and if she really causes a problem over it then she's easily replaceable. I had a similar situation years ago..."it's me or the (motor)bike!" I bet she's still sat at the bus stop with her bags wondering "Did that really just happen?" :whistling::innocent:

After you have tried education, or actually got her a lesson or two shooting clays, then...

I think they would only need a SGC if they had access to the guns. If it's your safe and only you have the keys it should not matter.

If you wanted to keep them in my safe then we'd both need all the guns in the safe on both our tickets.

I still say just get what you want/need. She'll soon get used to it and if she really causes a problem over it then she's easily replaceable. I had a similar situation years ago..."it's me or the (motor)bike!" I bet she's still sat at the bus stop with her bags wondering "Did that really just happen?" :whistling::innocent:

+1

And, a bit like the quote above, I have some history in that regard, and feel justified in agreeing with said quote.

I keep my guns at my Mum's house. She doesn't have a SGC but has no way of accessing the cabinet either. There were absolutely no problems at my last renewal/ inspection with this arrangement. This was the first time my ticket needed renewing since my Dad died. Previously, we shared the cabinet and had each other's guns on our tickets.

Hope this helps

P.S. I need to get my backside into gear and move the cabinet now my wife and I have decided not to move house. It would make cleaning after a day out less of a pain without a 20 mile round trip just to get the guns locked up properly.