1 bottle of port goes a long way

Darno

Posted a week or 2 ago about one of my permissions letting me take me dad out for an afternoon on the clays, had a great afternoon and cheered my dad up no end!

Anyway, when I phoned the farmer to ask he was understandably not so keen but said that if its a one-off then ok!

I since found out what his tipple is and took him a bottle of port, just to say thanks and to show I appreciate not everyone would have let me!

To my surprise he said that he had a look at where we were shooting and was impressed at how we had cleaned up and that he couldn't really tell we had been there, and that I was welcome back to do it anytime.

His young boys have just got theor first 410 so he asked if we could show him the ropes and get him sorted! ( me and my mate figure that its best to get on the right side of his sons, cos we do all the pest control on this farm and one day they are gonna grow up and start doing a bit themselves)

Just thought I would share this cos I suppose it shows the importance of building relationships between farmers and shooters no matter what it is you want to do on THEIR LAND!

Cheers

Darno