My first video attemt

fenboy

He looks a nice dawg FB, super chilled and relaxed. Video is good all you want is a tripod mate.

Thanks , the video was done on my phone so a tripod was not an option , he is normally quicker to return but I think he had the hump because I got him out of bed to do the video :lol:

Very good energy level for a Lab, Milo is coming on well....just showed the wife saying "see we could have had one of those pups" then give her a clip :innocent:

Is he coming to the whistle....for food or a toy Fenboy.

I started him with small treats , he mostly just gets some praise now .

Fenboy, don't take this the wrong way but Milo looks bored stiff. Careful not to drill him with obedience to the detriment of his enthusiasm. Just my opinion and may well be an incorrect judgement based on one video, I know how misleading they can be.

Fenboy When I was dog sitting for you the other day Milo was no problem, even enjoyed his bath.

He does like his Vodka/Redbulls as well...took him clubbing with the rest of the boys....so if he did seem a bit bored today?

black-and-yellow-labrador-puppies-on-lau

Edited by The Ghost

Fenboy, don't take this the wrong way but Milo looks bored stiff. Careful not to drill him with obedience to the detriment of his enthusiasm. Just my opinion and may well be an incorrect judgement based on one video, I know how misleading they can be.

He is certainly not board ,all training at the moment is limited to a maximum 2 x 5 mins sessions a day.

Milo does not look interested too much in me because he is watching my cocker flynn who cannot be seen in the video .

He is certainly not board ,all training at the moment is limited to a maximum 2 x 5 mins sessions a day.

Milo does not look interested too much in me because he is watching my cocker flynn who cannot be seen in the video .

If you're training him why is the other dog out? You want the pup to focus you & nothing else. I also think he looks bored, leave the discipline stuff until later & play with.

If you're training him why is the other dog out? You want the pup to focus you & nothing else. I also think he looks bored, leave the discipline stuff until later & play with.

I will repeat what I said above , the dog is not bored of training , 10 mins over 2 sessions is not over doing it by any means .

At 15 weeks , basic sit / stay and come here training should be well underway , the pup can play all he likes during the other 710 minutes in a day !!

Edited by fenboy

Just watched the video. Lovely pup. Might be the recording - but it sounds like the whistle is much too loud. Three quiet pips will do the job. Relax, give quiet commands, and enjoy the partnership you build with your pup.

As above , the whistle seems loud as its just a few inches away from my phone , it is by no means loud where the dog is sitting .

Edited by fenboy

the pup can play all he likes during the other 710 minutes in a day !!

i missed a word out before, i should have typed 'play with you' At 15 weeks I want a pup to be as mad as box of frogs, having fun with ME. It'll know it's name & it'll be getting taught to watch me at all times when it's out of its kennel. Discipline can wait, most labs are as soft as **** & you can pull them back after you've got the basics of everything into them.

i missed a word out before, i should have typed 'play with you' At 15 weeks I want a pup to be as mad as box of frogs, having fun with ME. It'll know it's name & it'll be getting taught to watch me at all times when it's out of its kennel. Discipline can wait, most labs are as soft as **** & you can pull them back after you've got the basics of everything into them.

I am amazed you can give such a good advice on all I am doing wrong based on a 15 second video , of course when the pup is not having a training session I have it chained up in the dark so it can have no play or interaction with me :whistling:

If you look at my avatar picture you will see another dog , a 10 year old cocker spaniel , of course he trained himself with no help from me what so ever , the springer I had before him also trained himself , unfortunately the Lab is not as bright and needs some assistance from me , but hey ho I will read up on the subject and see if I can manage it.

This has been like a crime watch re-enactment video, they show you a little bit then experts come on telling you..."clearly the dog has a swagger and is from Liverpool, he has a bored expression according to our animal behaviourist....caused by wagging his tail. The large lawned area he has been seen in...shows clearly he has a need to perform on west end shows and may be heard singing "You've got to pick a pocket or two"

The handler "Fagin Fenboy" is wanted by the police, he has form for this kind of crime and if we don't stop him this poor animal will turn out just like the rest "steady, sound, versatile, loyal offender who obey his every wish".

Milo is spot on Fenboy if you ever need any bad advice come to me....The idiot you can trust.

Thanks Ghost

I will be in touch if I get any further issues , you know your stuff as you did an amazing job with your Shih tzu :)

In the mean time I will just give young Milo a slap if he fails to look at me , though I am a little worried that when he grows up if he is always looking at me then he will fail to see the pigeons dropping behind him .

Trouble with videos is they're a bit like "Catchphrase"... you can only say what you see.

Best of luck with Milo.

Yes of course you can , but at least you had the decency not to jump in with both feet and make 101 assumptions on my dog training techniques

So thanks for that

• 4 months later...