Are Gamebore good for reloading

Guest cookoff013

winchesters are different, thicker and denser plastics. so they last longer.

you should just get one decent reload out of cheddite / fiocchi.

after that they are well "gone"

Guest cookoff013

if you buy a normal slightly clear, unfired plastic wad cartridge, hold it up to the light, the plastic is thin. but intact. then when you fire it. you can hold it up to the light and see where the plastic has thinned dramaticly.

thats what i dont like, if the shells have a good healthy dose of pressure, then this should be worse. the cartridge companys have cut the quality of the hulls to a "fire once" capacity. its cheaper, saves on plastic.

if you buy a normal slightly clear, unfired plastic wad cartridge, hold it up to the light, the plastic is thin. but intact. then when you fire it. you can hold it up to the light and see where the plastic has thinned dramaticly.

thats what i dont like, if the shells have a good healthy dose of pressure, then this should be worse. the cartridge companys have cut the quality of the hulls to a "fire once" capacity. its cheaper, saves on plastic.

Not the case with the new Remington hulls from B&P I am on 5 reloads with some ,The old Victory high base are also good for 5-6 reloads

Deershooter

Guest cookoff013

obviously there are some hulls that are the exception.

those B&P hulls with the gordon system, are thick. i havent seen the remington hulls.

but i wouldnt reload the gordon recoil hulls, basewad is too high.

Thanks for your advise

i am going to the clay ground for a lesson this week so i will enquire when i go there,you never know i might get lucky and its only 10 miles away.

as long as they are 70mm can i load them the same or should i just pick the most abundant cartridge brand and stick to that brand and load and discard the rest.

Cheers

Daz

Guest cookoff013

i`d be more inclined to make my own empties.

lots of hulls in buckets usually rust in the british weather.

i reload virgin hulls bought from either roughshooter or folkestone.

Guest cookoff013

1, buy cartridges,

2, shoot cartridges,

3, reload empties.

4 shoot reloads

5, repeat 3-4

or

a, buy new virgin hulls,

b, continue from 3 onwards.

I am sure they will be glad to see the back of them! However be careful in those bins; often, half cups of coffee are dumped in, together with fag ends, used ear plugs and snotty tissues. I have seen shooters expectorate in them too. Possible MRSA and vomiting-virus breeding grounds!

Edited by Floating Chamber

Good Point i never thought about all the other items that get thrown into a bin.

i thought they might have been for cartridges only.

as it happens i have just secured all my mates used cartridges and he shoots more than me so i think i might have just fell on my feet there.

now i only have to reload each cartridge once happy days.

Cheers

Daz

• 7 years later...