Clay Ground At Manchester, and what to do with my gun?

fergie

Myself and the wife are going to an event in Manchester on the 18th we had planned to spend some time together as we don’t get many chances to get away. Unfortunately she now has to attend a work event on the 19th luckily also in Manchester so her company will pay for a hotel. the problem is that it leaves me with nothing to do all day. so I thought I might go try and shoot some clays. but what can I do with my gun whilst I am in Manchester and staying in the hotel?

also does anyone know what http://www.manchesterclayshooting.com/about/about.htm is like ?

Thanks for your help in advance

Myself and the wife are going to an event in Manchester on the 18th we had planned to spend some time together as we dont get many chances to get away. Unfortunately she now has to attend a work event on the 19th luckily also in Manchester so her company will pay for a hotel. the problem is that it leaves me with nothing to do all day. so I thought I might go try and shoot some clays. but what can I do with my gun whilst I am in Manchester and staying in the hotel?

also does anyone know what http://www.manchesterclayshooting.com/about/about.htm is like ?

Thanks for your help in advance

In with regards to your gun I put mine in my boot during the day if in out and about visiting places , or you could break it up into 2 pieces one in the boot and one in the hotel room.

Manchester clay grounds you won't be disappointed very good set up and canteen , very helpful staff :)

I stayed at a hotel when we shot the Benelli at hodnet and when we went to the pub I locked my shotgun to the bath in a locked case. I put the TV on left the lights on in the room and put a do not disturb sign on the door so it looked like somebody was in the room. As long as you do everything reasonably practical you should be fine.

post-28524-0-53073400-1370680988_thumb.jpg

The perceived wisdom on securing a shotgun when away from home is as Willpoon said above. If you have a car with you keep the barrels and forend locked securely in the car and the stock and action in your suitcase in your room.

If you aren't travelling by car then the locked case in the hotel room is the thing to do but I would aim more for concealment than the photo above (chained to bath) let's be honest it wouldn't take much force to wrench that bath handle off. Better hidden under the bed or the bottom of the wardrobe than on full view in the bathroom.

Mr Potter