x-trial???

bazzab

I've had 2

More than capable as a soft roader, no low ratio stops them being great off road,

People will say they don't have much clearance but they have enough for most situations

Stick some at2 tyres and they will surprise you

Some have 17" wheels and off road tyres are hard to find (215/60/17) but the 16" are readily available (215/65/16)

Just learn your own limitations and don't expect to go where low box 4x4s can go

Plenty room, decent mpg

:shaun:

Edited by shaun4860

Lovely job thank you bud. It wot ne doing any serious off road just headlands mainly. Have a jimny at the min but two small and only two people can shoot from it.

Got couple of possibles at min. Two x-trials and a couple of vitaras.

The x-trials look loaded with bits and bob. Full leather etc. And there big too from what i can see.

Will see what they day brings prob sod all!!!

I have an x trail and find it a good vehicle for shooting. Plenty of space inside its comfortable on long distance drives its not slow and you get good fuel consumption. It's also easy to service yourself if your handy on the tools and like you say lots of extras on them. I went to France last year and it was a dream to drive. For me there are only two downsides to this vehicle 1. It's a six speed gearbox so you feel like you are constantly changing up and down gears but I suppose this helps the fuel consumption also the clutch pedals on them are a bit stiff 2.Off road capability is limited don't try driving across muddy fields it will get stuck as its not a proper off road vehicle no diff lock etc they are good in the snow etc but don't expect too much from it off road unless you get off road tyres. I bought mine off my dad who had had it for a few years and he had no problems with it at all so reliability should be excellent. I had a vitara a few years ago and they are also a good vehicle better off road than the x trail the only downside is they have a Peugeot Diesel engine in them and are good engines but if they go wrong they are very hard to work on as no room in engine bay to get to starter motor, alternator and belts etc but if you don't do repairs and servicing yourself (I do) this wont be a problem for you. I find fuel consumption slightly better on x trail. Overall not much between them I think the x trail is a better vehicle to be honest mechanically, build quality etc but the vitara will be more suited to off rosd use hope this helps and good luck with your new purchase. If you've tan x trail you won't be dissapinted!

Sorry about spelling mistakes predicted text on I pad!

had mine for over a year now and loving it - economical, fast on the motorways, comfortable, bags of space, all the mod cons and fairly good off road - but as Shaun said, no low box so you have to be fairly sensible.

Yokohama geolander go12 are decent more offroad orientated tyres that will fit it.

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/yokohama/geolandar-ats-go12/215/65/R16/H/98/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3f%26width%3d215%26profile%3d65%26rim%3d16%26speed%3dH&tyre=13541919

• 2 weeks later...

Only had mine 7 weeks not been off road yet i have a trooper also that is used for all my off roading but it is economial and comfortable its the Adventura leather interior sat nav big sunroof am quite impressed so far keep us posted

Mine also has a performance chip fitted for extra m.p.g.