Best shot

red_stag88

To be honest i think shooting from the hip is just another unconventional shooting technique, it has its time and its place and is at its sfest on the clay range, its up to your own individual clay range if they allow it or not. As i said earlier about the kick colin, only do it if you can control it, people who shoot from the shoulder are buggared aswell if their using their arm pit to hold the butt again its all about technique. I also said that i would never shoot from the hip but hey each to their own. My arguement is that i dont think you should have criticised Red Stag as in my opinion he was still following all the rules inside the cage and only changed his style of shooting.

In a hide in a hedge one day, when a pigeon landed in a tree to my right, a good 70 yards away. I judged it to be out of range so left it, hoping it would act as a decoy and bring more in. A couple of minutes later another bird flew in, between me and the one in the tree. I took the shot, and killed not only the flying bird, but also the one that was "out of range". I will straight away admit that this was a fluke, as I had no intention of going for the far bird. Even so, I wish somebody had been there to witness it.