How old to start training

Paul223

Bullet my pup is coming up to 8 months old and our trainer is saying in the next few weeks we will start and introduce a bit more and gradually increase the challenges we give him. he is already quite good quartering and hunting he is very good at a memory retrieve and he loves swimming too, he responds well to the whistle most of the time but is easily distracted he is still only young so a little leeway is given just yet but things are slowly getting more challenging and stricter for him :)

Sounds like he's coming along nicely, well done.

Sounds like he's coming along nicely, well done.

Thanks i think he's doing well. we started with playfull stuff more or less once we got him, he could sit on command when we got him at 8 weeks and he always would sit and wait for his food bowl at that age too. and each time out we would encourage him to quarter and hunt by never walking in a straight line ( i am sure some people on i met ont he marsh thought i was drunk!!) he seems to have a good nose and he marks dummies really well. we have worked on steadyness a fair bit already in training classes and he is steady to a bolting rabbit being whizzed past him when he is sat by my side so i think he is doing well i just need to keep up with him in my training ;)

Well thanks very much 'mate'

Please remember I'm a girl and boy joshing doesn't always sit well

Or is this your revenge for scaring the life out of the wee one showing him how well the remap worked?!?! lol

Next time im up i will take u for a spin and show u how it should be driven :ninja: