Primos Power Crow

davew

the sam neyt crow call arrived today , you were right mick its a lot easier to use im no expert yet but i think its better for an incompetent west country cider drinking bloke who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket to use . im sure the primos power call is great in the right hands but im going to stick with the sn crow call.

I've had the primos power crow caller for about 3 weeks now and have been practicing with it often.

Steve is riight about growling through it softly, it does sound better. I've had the sam neyt for about 6 months and found it easier to use.

This is how I would compare them.

Sam Neyt is easier to use,the reed does not stick, sounds good but limited in calling other birds.

the Primos is harder to master, reed sticks alot, sounds good and is good for calling in jackdaws and magpies as well.

What I have found is the the crows learn the sound of your caller and after a few visits ****** off when you start calling. I went to the same placewith the primos and because there was a different tone/sound ,I could call them in again. So I tend to keep three different callers that all sound slightly different but good enough to use and vary the calls. One thing is to use the caller sparingly.

Was out with the Primos last night on my perm and recorded my efforts. I started to get a bit carried away with the calling but I wanted to see how they reacted.

I'm no expert but hope to improve each time I go out.

One more thing .my mates Primos caller which is the same as mine sounds higher pitched no matter how much I tried , it sounded too high. Seems that some Primos power crow callers are better than others,

Steve B ... when you say bite down on the rubber tubing to get the Jackdaw sound effect .. can l take it that there are a few versions of primos crow callers .. the one l picked up is made of plastic throughout "no rubber tube" ...

The proper Primos caller should be a dark'ish yellow and have a black rubber tube/sleeve covering the mouth piece.