Beretta 682 X

Keys

Hi guys. I'm new to Pigeon Watch and shooting in general really. I've seen a Beretta 682 X advertised online and I think it looks to be a pretty good deal. It comes with 5 mobilchokes and the makers case. The gun itself is a RH 30" model with adjustable stock. It'll be used mostly for sporting and maybe some driven game in due course.

Does anyone have experience with this particular model? There's lots going around about the Gold and Gold E but nothing much about the X. I've attached a couple of pictures so please take a look.

Thanks.

post-64807-0-55391500-1371203013_thumb.jpg

post-64807-0-85399100-1371203023_thumb.jpg

I know a few people who use a 682 they are a very good gun.you could try going to a shop and look and handle a few different makes and models.Beretta are one of the top makers and I know of no problems with any of their products I own five beretta's and am very happy with all of them.good luck.

I have 3 of these they are all high in the comb the silver actions but that one will be very high it's an X Trap Monte Carlo stock on a sporter/skeet gun by the look of the saftey catch. They are great competition guns and still used by lots of highly competitive shots.

The gun is on the heavy side just over 8 lbs wich will be heavy for any form of shooting your carrying it for long periods. Saying that I use mine for driven walked up and clays I'd suggest if you 7 stone wet through its not for you but I'm 6'4" number 8 and just man the #*?$ up and carry them.

I have 3 of these they are all high in the comb the silver actions but that one will be very high it's an X Trap Monte Carlo stock on a sporter/skeet gun by the look of the saftey catch. They are great competition guns and still used by lots of highly competitive shots.

The gun is on the heavy side just over 8 lbs wich will be heavy for any form of shooting your carrying it for long periods. Saying that I use mine for driven walked up and clays I'd suggest if you 7 stone wet through its not for you but I'm 6'4" number 8 and just man the #*?$ up and carry them.

Great advice. I'm 6'3" and I'm lugging around a pretty heavy Bettinsoli at the moment so shouldn't have any trouble there.

Having had 4 of the 682s and an X model like this one, it would appear that a previous owner spent £35:00 and had the useful selective/safety fitted.

Cracking guns, old but should last forever! :)

The fore-end appears to be from a younger sporting model, worth checking!

Bit heavy to lug around on a game shoot but you seem prepared for that.

Buy it and enjoy it! :good:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

It looks like it has been "customised" and may have had several different things done to it over the years.

A designated trap version would probably not have come with the Mobilchoked barrels but over the years varying models, variants and owners adaptations could have occurred.

Look under the barrel on the flats near the proof marks for a two letter code. This will give the year. Look up Beretta date codes and you can age it.

The early 682's were a very good gun, pretty bomb proof and thousands are in use every day.

Who cares if it isn't in full original spec, possibly not even a 682X.

It looks like a very practical gun and if the price is right for its condition, get it set up how you want it and If you ever decide to sell it you should get your money back give or take 10%.

I have an original 680 Skeet, 1979 date code, with a definite 250,000 rounds through it and it is still going strong and has NEVER let me down. I would get more back than I paid for it without a doubt.