wood turning

hodge911

bit of a long shot but does anyone in the northeast do woodturning ??.

if so would it possible for some one to show me the basics as I,ve just acquired a wood lathe and really fancy having ago but have not got the chisels / gouges as of yet

cheers in advance

peter

I have a LOT of chissels and gouges for sale on here if your interested... I'm sure I can do you a deal! ;)

had a look at your posts mate and YEP!! you surely do have a lot of chisels /wood turning tools but unfortunately for me I cant afford them will have to trawl threw the boxes at the local boot fairs and see what turns up .

the ones you have look to be good quality items [not that I have the foggiest what I,m looking at] just out of my reach at present

hodge

I have an friend, 80 plus years old , who is an absolute magician when it comes to Wood Turning, and shaping.

He is just about to commence making a Clock that will be operated by weights, these will be Brass, but all the other working and moving parts will be made of wood.

Unfortunately for you he lives in Letchworth Hertfordshire, although he originates from the North East

Edited by bakerboy

I have an friend, 80 plus years old , who is an absolute magician when it comes to Wood Turning, and shaping.

He is just about to commence making a Clock that will be operated by weights, these will be Brass, but all the other working and moving parts will be made of wood.

Unfortunately for you he lives in Letchworth Hertfordshire, although he originates from the North East

yeah that's my luck all the way .................................................

come on peeps there must be some body up here does it ..........................................................isnt there? ???? ?????

Edited by hodge911

there is a wood turning club in Washington not to sure what it is like but it could be worth looking into.. I have done a bit on my rarely used lathe to be honest I would say just give it a good go start with, making fishing priests etc nice simple shapes to learn on.

also there are plenty vids on youtube showing you how to get on....

JDF