What you do for a living

dob

Flash, been looking for someone just like you!

As someone looking to emigrate i am concerned about the Ozzie Gun laws. Can you tell me are you a Brit Expat?

How easy was it for you to obtain licencing. Is it similar to over here? Assuming of course you still shoot.

I gather you need a licence for anything stronger than a water pistol?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some nice kit! Stuff we have here is a bit more "agricultural" if you know what I mean. We're 140km from nearest dealer so need stuff that's real easy to fix and maintain otherwise it puts the kit out of work for days when it does breakdown sadly.

Back out to New Zealand in October, kit they have there is exactly thr same as England, maybe a bit bigger. Quite weird the difference oz and Nz when it comes to the farm equipment

Flash, been looking for someone just like you!

As someone looking to emigrate i am concerned about the Ozzie Gun laws. Can you tell me are you a Brit Expat?

How easy was it for you to obtain licencing. Is it similar to over here? Assuming of course you still shoot.

I gather you need a licence for anything stronger than a water pistol?

I'm not technically an expat, just out experiencing the world before I'm too old :)

Have looked into the gun laws and they are strict, maybe even more so then blighty.

Nz on the other hand is altogether different ball game! Basic rifle license is semi auto rifles with max mag capacities. Then work your way up to full autos. Also they have DOC land which is department of conservation land which is free to hunt once you have a permit.

I'm thr other way. Like my new kit. But I'm not payin so that could be why ha

Although I am partial to nice David brown :)

we'd all like brand new kit,but sometimes its not worth the outlay for the money they bring in.my massey works out as cheap horsepower for what we use it for,and the old kit isn't too thirsty.one of are neighbours borrowed are old mf35 to row up with as his modern tractor had broke down,he couldn't believe how much work it did without using hardly any diesel,his tractor would have used 3 or 4 times more diesel pulling the same haybob round at the same speed!

I'm not technically an expat, just out experiencing the world before I'm too old :)

Have looked into the gun laws and they are strict, maybe even more so then blighty.

Nz on the other hand is altogether different ball game! Basic rifle license is semi auto rifles with max mag capacities. Then work your way up to full autos. Also they have DOC land which is department of conservation land which is free to hunt once you have a permit.

Hmm NZ definitely sounding more appealing than it used to. Thanks fella

If I said I get assaulted pretty much every day at work, and the police get called about one a month, and the last few months have seen staff get broken noses, 2 fractured skulls, broken ribs, a concussion broken fingers, masses of bruises, being spat at, some staffs cars have been scratched or had a headlight broken, I have had broken glass waves on my face and a garden fork thrown at me. Can anyone guess where I work???

In a children's care home for children from very difficult backgrounds.

I'd like one day to be a gardener, but probably more of a handyman, hedge and lawn cutting, minor tree work, fences etc

If I said I get assaulted pretty much every day at work, and the police get called about one a month, and the last few months have seen staff get broken noses, 2 fractured skulls, broken ribs, a concussion broken fingers, masses of bruises, being spat at, some staffs cars have been scratched or had a headlight broken, I have had broken glass waves on my face and a garden fork thrown at me. Can anyone guess where I work???

In a children's care home for children from very difficult backgrounds.

I'd like one day to be a gardener, but probably more of a handyman, hedge and lawn cutting, minor tree work, fences etc

Snap!

I used to work in a place like that

but I only ever managed to have a brick chuck at me,

and a fire door pushed onto me,

So I think I got of lightly lol

xxx Suzy