What you do for a living

dob

Computer programmer. Useless with a hammer or a screwdriver but not bad with a keyboard.

Current job has me migrating your Life and Pensions policies from A to B and hopefully not screwing it up. People get a bit tense when we're amending and adjusting their contributions and pay-outs.

I also do the "Could you just remove the malware from my laptop but don't lose the 8,000 pictures and songs I have on there... no, there's no backup of anything and it's all important and don't look in that folder because it's... private" stuff.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Computer programmer. Useless with a hammer or a screwdriver but not bad with a keyboard.

Current job has me migrating your Life and Pensions policies from A to B and hopefully not screwing it up. People get a bit tense when we're amending and adjusting their contributions and pay-outs.

I also do the "Could you just remove the malware from my laptop but don't lose the 8,000 pictures and songs I have on there... no, there's no backup of anything and it's all important and don't look in that folder because it's... private" stuff.

data migrations suck, the best you can ever do is move some data, the worse is a complete and utter **** up

data migrations suck, the best you can ever do is move some data, the worse is a complete and utter **** up

I sense a disturbance in the force. There is "another" here...

I'm with you there. No pain so far, other than the target platforms either being killed mid-migration, being useless or not being killed but remaining useless...

:no:

Edited by Flynn

I sense a disturbance in the force. There is "another" here...

I'm with you there. No pain so far, other than the target platforms either being killed mid-migration, being useless or not being killed but remaining useless...

:no:

Indeed, i have a few scars from past deliveries, my heart always sinks whenever new projects are mentioned relating to migrations. So many scenarios you cant test for both functionally and non-functionally and no one understands the need to design the migration let alone the software changes and the various states the data would be in.

Anyway ill stop boring others with the geek talk, will pm you my latest project cause im drunk, tired and bored and feel like sharing my homework :)

Being not only in your condition, but also your position! Nobody can.call you a Scrounger :no:

I brought up My Son on my own also and Found out than not only did he have Autism, but Heart disease, Scoliosis, Sprengels deformity and Skeletal abnormalities!

I was working as a Bus Driver before hand and had a varied work history up until then. I asked the company for a little understanding and the possibility of flexy hours! They refused point blanc, so I left!

I looked Chris for the best part of 17 years now. He turns 18 in October :yes: After trying to get back into a Bus Driving roll with half a dozen different companies and failing, I decided to take my FLT course and found a Warehouse Job. Pay is NAFF but it's work.

I am still looking for a PCV job if I can get one as I loved the job.

Fortunately for me, I am not in bad health! "That I know of anyway" and Chris is becoming more independant! I can't see Chris will EVER leave home, But I don't mind really!

Trying to get HELP wity Autism is a mine field and lottery. I got to know a LOT of parents of Autistic Children who were diagnosed early and statemented. They got DLA for their Children. With Chris being diagnosed late, He couldn't be statemented and.was NOT entitled to DLA :no:

Thats right! Heart Disease "bicuspid aeortic valve syndrome"

Autism

Sprengels deformity

Not entitled to DLA?

Yet all the other parents, because the kids were statemented GOT DLA for their kids! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's bloomin mad :yes:

I hope you manage to get some sort of care sorted for your Child. The fact small changes can trigger mood pattern changes, then loosing YOU will have a HUGE impact!

ATVB :good:

Am in suffolk,oil boiler technician,plumber,new installations/services/breakdowns.Bathroom installation inc design/tiling

Builder as well,mainly alteration work,complete property refurbs,roof repairs pitched and flat,decorating inside and external, inc all timber repairs.

We do the complete job,project managed and supervise sub-contractors,ie gas and electrics.

Happy to offer advise on any of the above.

Just in the process of doing my bathroom, bloody hate it love needham mum live's up barrets lane loads of pigeons up near her.

Just in the process of doing my bathroom, bloody hate it love needham mum live's up barrets lane loads of pigeons up near her.

I love doing bathrooms,the before and after on a decent setup gives its own reward,can be spoilt if customer has selected wrong tiles though,then its a bit of a downer after all the effort and it looks ####,but as long as they happy.

Good luck with yours. :good:

Barrets lane leads upto open fields and a mobile home park,nearly bought a plot of land up there just before recession,phew that would not been good :no:

il bare that in mind im just up the road near eye! likewise if you need any advise on dangerous/concerning trees

Weird that,had one removed today :ninja:

Criminal Defence solicitor. And before you say it I'm not a fat cat lawyer as our minister of Justice would have you believe. I reckon 70 % of the replies on this thread earn more than me...substantially. But I love my job. Most of the time. Give me a '00' for a couple of clients please.