What you do for a living

dob

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a crane mechanic on mobile and crawlers. I love it. Every day is a challenge. Plus never know were im of to each morning. most of my other mates now work on cranes in the oil industry. I don't know whether to stay with current employer (who's fantastic) or go on a platform.

I'm a welder fabricator, I fix and mend Westlands and sea king helicopters for the RAF, have all sort of other helicopters that come out of war to have body damge fixed. Also build parts for MOD, have build gun turrets etc for military land vehicles. have taken on a contract to build and fabricate all the part for the typhoon fighter. It's very high end welding and sheet metal, I'm only 23 so have spent most of my life at college learning welding and fabricating, passing x ray weld tests etc and I'm now heading back to college for 6 years to do my aircraft e engineering diploma. it draining and hard work but I enjoy it. Very interesting. we have to sign paper work and hand phones in before working with MOD drawing and parts etc, on the jets we hand out passports in (for some reason)

So if u want welding done or u want me to fab u up a black hawk I'm your man hahaha

that sounds an interesting job :good: ,and i'd of thought the pay will get better and better as you notch up more skills/qualifications.

Nobody in the banking world gets "unemployed" like they do in the rest of the world.

Big fat redundancy payment and tax free I bet :yes:

The trick is getting back on the horse as you get older, if not your have to make the last redundancy package last a long old time.

Edited by Mungler