Barclays !!!!!!

Daz1986

Can u not have an account with another bank thats in $ then transfer to uk acc with lower charges?. Wouldnt be using the robbing **** if you had the choice.

I think there are quite a few bank that do other ( cheaper ) things but to be honest I though I would try and stay loyal to the bank I have been with for years

Chuffing hell! This ones going to get lively! Should we call call you bono1986 now daz?

Haha why the bono ??

I think there are quite a few bank that do other ( cheaper ) things but to be honest I though I would try and stay loyal to the bank I have been with for years

Haha why the bono ??

Well... It could be said that he's "tax efficient". What about jimmycar1986 instead then? Or lesterpiggot1986? Lol

I admire loyalty but banks are all robbing crooks. Money better in your pocket than theirs. They should be notifying you of charges such as this i think.

Funny but on the jobs thread there are no bankers(ahem*) to ask for advice. Atb

I agree mate, it's defo time for a change

Barclays will have your pants down at the drop of a hat (in my oinion). I would suggest that you contest the charges and give it the affronted loyal customer routine. Every time they stiff me for a charge i go in and express my disappointment at their treatment of a loyal customer and threaten to take my mortgage elsewhere. Its a good job they never call my bluff as i've got a nice deal with them!

Edited by ack-ack

Barclays will have your pants down at the drop of a hat (in my oinion). I would suggest that you contest the charges and give it the affronted loyal customer routine. Every time they stiff me for a charge i go in and express my disappointment at their treatment of a loyal customer and threaten to take my mortgage elsewhere. Its a good job they never call my bluff as i've got a nice deal with them!

I am gonna try that in the morning and see were I get!

I recently had some dollars paid to me and I used this website: http://www.smartcurrencyexchange.com/ Make sure you ring up to get a rate before transferring to them, as what their sales staff pre-signing up and their dealers offered me (when I had transferred the funds in) was two different prices, so get something written down in terms of the margin/deviation from the actual interest rate. They honoured what the sales team had sold me. It was a big difference from the amount of money I would have got if I had gone to my bank, and was straightforward to do, they just accept the transfer in and then transfer it out to your account in pounds, same day if you like.

Banks rip you off. They even rip their own staff off. Used to cost me nearly £500/month to transfer my own salary back from India to UK taking into account fees and exchange rate differences. And that's using my employer!

Banks rip you off. They even rip their own staff off. Used to cost me nearly £500/month to transfer my own salary back from India to UK taking into account fees and exchange rate differences. And that's using my employer!

I get regular emails from a nigerian chap who could assist you with cash transfers. Its completely without risk and actually generates a return of 25%. Whats not to like??