Clays wanted near Carlisle...help

The Ghost

I am in Silloth Cumbria for a few days, back home to Cambridgeshire on Friday.

I have been trying to sort our a day tomorrow with some family shooters on some clays.

I have sorted the cartridges out, have the trap, loaned a gun, have my licence with me and have the land to shoot on.

Has anyone got some spare clays laying about or let me know who sells them in Carlisle, thats where I am picking my cartridges up from in the morning.

Many thanks

clay-pigeon-image.jpg

Greenquarries Shooting Ground
Greenquarries, Rosley, Wigton, Cumbria. CA7 8BU.
Tel: 016974 76392 or 016974 76595

I take it this is the place, will ring them in the morning...worth a punt

Seems poor having to do 60 miles round trip to get some clays if no joy.

Edited by The Ghost

Seems poor having to do 60 miles round trip to get some clays if no joy.

Yes,I agree,but I dont know of anywhere else in that area which sells clays.Plenty of outlets in Cumbria,just none near Silloth that I know of.Sorry.

If you're up again and assuming you come up the M6,call in at Relphs Agricultural suppliers at Yanwath,Sykes,Penrith,both just off the M6.Or bring some with you.

I'm prob to late now but there is also adrian's Brown's sporting guns on kingston rd in carlisle, there used to be another gun/fishing tackle shop down behind the old picture house/cinema off bottchergate, no idea if it is still open. Last time i was in was talking about doing away with RFD side off things and that was years ago

There is also a gunshop further south low mill ranges, can't remember where now, down workington/whitehaven type way but i'm guessing that's a fair journey too

I'm prob to late now but there is also adrian's Brown's sporting guns on kingston rd in carlisle, there used to be another gun/fishing tackle shop down behind the old picture house/cinema off bottchergate, no idea if it is still open. Last time i was in was talking about doing away with RFD side off things and that was years ago

There is also a gunshop further south low mill ranges, can't remember where now, down workington/whitehaven type way but i'm guessing that's a fair journey too

Browns!That's the one;couldn't think what it was called,opposite the Kingstown Industrial estate.

The shop in Botchergate has been closed for some years now as far as I know.Low Mill Ranges are located at Cleator Moor,and well worth a visit,as is Lakeland Guns in Workington.

Scully & others thanks for your help...got sorted.....PW member gave me 150 clays

I only hope the clay shoot at Wigton expands their business, I have had some very good reports on Wigton clay grounds.

I happened to mention it to my nephew who said "I work with one of the lads who has it, was out with him on Tuesday on the clays"....small world.

Next time I am up thats where I will go....I wish them well in what they are trying to do.

Many thanks

The results for the shoot.

Kevin won 22/25

Peter 2nd 17/25

The Ghost 3rd 15/25......Don't ask, Clay trap was not the best, cartridges poor, loaned sxs 100 years old...etc.

Daz 4th 12/25

Willie C 4/25

Great day out with the family....Back to the Fens Friday.

Edited by The Ghost