Welding problem

Whytie2697

I have a full bottle I took the pipe off the regulator and the gas comes out I the regulator then I took the pipe of the push in fitting at the welder end no gas getting as far as that so the problem must be with the coupling that goes into the regulator and the hose connects over the top of

Yeah it has like a few ports around the nozzle where the wire comes out the welder has like a small hose that the hose from the bottle goes into then it disappears into the welder I assume it links up with the hose for the torch somewhere I can't see but the gas is not even getting as far as this small hose

Yeah spot on that is what the guy sold me in the shop on receipt it says 3/8 check valve what do I need to replace this with it how will I know that it is allowing the gas to flow the correct way when I get a cm chance to replace it as this one must only allow gas to flow back to the bottle not from the bottle to the welder

Hi Mate

I had a Clarke gas/no gas mig and had what sounds like the same problem as you have I disconnected the gas supply and unplugged the welder then I looked instde Inside the torch where the gas release was controlled by the trigger. The design was fiarly simple, the feed tube was a soft rubbery material which was simply squashed flat when you released the trigger. I found that the flattened tube stuck to its self so remained shut off. It was fairly easy to free the tube where it had stuck to its-self and never had a problem after that.

I hope that is of some help.

J.

Thanks for the replies my problem is that the gas is not getting as far as the torch when I disconnect the hose where it joins the welder there is no gas coming through when I turn the bottle on I think it is because I have a check valve like someone said previously what I need to know now is what I need to replace the check valve with it connects into the regulator and then the hose clamps onto the other end

Right ok thanks very much for all help especially potter64 he has solved the problem I think the guy In the shop wasn't the welding guy so he just asked me would I know what the coupling looked like so I went with him and picked out the right size I didn't know they was standard or a one way valve if I get a standard one will I still have to blow through it to check

No yours will have a bit behind the nut about 20 mm long this is the check valve it's usually used connected to a cutting torch it acts like a flash back arrestor to stop flame traveling up the pipes

You don't need this the one you want will just be a nut and tail in 3/8 the tails do come in different sizes depending on the pipe your using so just take the pipe with you