Bindweed

THE AD

Yep,but this is concentrate-it requires diluting. So provided you dont water it down too much it wont ever be like the stuff B&Q sell.

So is Roundup if you buy it from the amenity/agricultural suppliers, the likes of Gallup 360, Clinic Ace and Rosate are all other companies cheaper versions of it.

So is Roundup if you buy it from the amenity/agricultural suppliers, the likes of Gallup 360, Clinic Ace and Rosate are all other companies cheaper versions of it.

Gallup 360 is what most farmers,councils and the railways use. 5L will last a long time-many years infact.

Roundup is kinda your civillian version of Gallup-ie watered down.

Tried this with a rampant Bamboo - it came back!

You need Gallup! Took a fortnight for it to fully kill two varieties-one of which had migrated to my neighbours garden and was of the very invasive kind. The other one i killed by accident-i tripped and pulled the trigger.A fortnight later it too was dead.

Gallup 360 is what most farmers,councils and the railways use. 5L will last a long time-many years infact.

Imperfection you are wrong Round up is not just for a garden the undiluted versions from agricultural suppliers is much stronger than Gallup 360 if you read the labels, the reason why so many farmers and councils buy Gallup 360 is because its much much cheaper. I have used both version and the Round- up turned out best.

At my work we have just got the No-mix applicator http://www.nomixenviro.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=123. Its done a pretty good job on the weeds and so much less going to fill up a knapsack sprayer all the time, Just a few tiny little drops kills, only downside to it its sometimes hard to know where you have sprayed.

Imperfection you are wrong Round up is not just for a garden the undiluted versions from agricultural suppliers is much stronger than Gallup 360 if you read the labels, the reason why so many farmers and councils buy Gallup 360 is because its much much cheaper. I have used both version and the Round- up turned out best.

At my work we have just got the No-mix applicator http://www.nomixenviro.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=123. Its done a pretty good job on the weeds and so much less going to fill up a knapsack sprayer all the time, Just a few tiny little drops kills, only downside to it its sometimes hard to know where you have sprayed.

Intresting.Is this stuff licensed or can it be bought off the shelf?

If you go to an Agricultural supplier yes you can buy it, if you get the chance take a look at the labels and you will see the difference( In price and Strength)

Dont get me wrong Gallop did its job just as well as round up its just that I found that Roundup worked a bit quicker, (This could have also been due to changing weather conditions though).

I think price wise the OP should use Gallop though it does do the same job. Just cut back the bindweed and spray the new growth.

yep put some rubber gloves on and use it neat, just touch one or two leaves of the plant / weed you want dead, takes 3 weeks ish to work

You should really be wearing gloves suit and mask with the strong stuff diluted or not.

Edited by Boromir

I work on a farm and do some of the spraying so know what we use, mostly Clinic Ace, occasionally actual Roundup depending on what is at the best price at the time we order and also what the label has approval for use on. The only "watered down" versions are the "Roundup GC" ones available in garden centres and the like, Roundup can come in stronger formulations than that of Gallup 360 as well, the strongest being 540g/l of glyphosate, Gallup only being 360g/l.

Where can you buy the industrial strength Roundup?

Funnily enough that well known internet auction site has several variations listed, doesn't seem to breech their listing policies.

Our local sprayer sales and service centre sell Gallup 360 Amenity, identical to the agricultural stuff but anyone can buy it due to the Amenity bit, maybe somewhere local to you sells it?

Not everyone who does spraying has a PA1/2 qualification still so shouldn't make any difference to being able to buy glyphosate, some chemicals will need an Agricultural Holdings number to be able to buy though.

You should really be wearing gloves suit and mask with the strong stuff diluted or not.

eh? put some rubber gloves on, proper ones, put a small amount of G360 in a beaker / cup whatever and use your rubber gloved up hands to spot the G360 on the odd leaf here and there, job jobbed, no need to atomise and wear mask / suit 'n' stuff

Cheers :good:

Would it scorch marks in grass if you wanted to draw a school boy knob and balls on someone's lawn?

indeed it would :yes: i reckon a paint roller would do just fine to apply it and get a sharp edge, you'll see the effects on grass in a week or so :good:

remember to take a pic for us :whistling: