kill zone

bongaanie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decoying pigeon that you get to look at your set-up will.....Fly past.......Or land to feed.

Not that far away from most animals, including ourselves....we will walk past some of the best feeding establishments to get a kebab or Greggs.

When we go in to a restaurant we will pick a table near a door or window or with friends with the need to feel comfortable when we eat

Pigeon unlike us do not have etiquette, or manners they have basic animal instinct that drives them to feed....they eat....we dine.

In decoying we are fooling them in to thinking....it's good here....why not pick a table.

Some will come right in to feed and others will go 30 foot away for no reason that we can see...other than animal instinct tells them to do it.

Some crops like peas, will send the pigeon into a frenzy...so much so they will not even see or hear you....even if you a banging a big drum next to them.

Gilbert what you say is against Harvards law of animal behavior in that even under experimental circumstances animals will behave as they please.

Decoying pigeon that you get to look at your set-up will.....Fly past.......Or land to feed.

Not that far away from most animals, including ourselves....we will walk past some of the best feeding establishments to get a kebab or Greggs.

When we go in to a restaurant we will pick a table near a door or window or with friends with the need to feel comfortable when we eat

Pigeon unlike us do not have etiquette, or manners they have basic animal instinct that drives them to feed....they eat....we dine.

In decoying we are fooling them in to thinking....it's good here....why not pick a table.

Some will come right in to feed and others will go 30 foot away for no reason that we can see...other than animal instinct tells them to do it.

Some crops like peas, will send the pigeon into a frenzy...so much so they will not even see or hear you....even if you a banging a big drum next to them.

Gilbert what you say is against Harvards law of animal behavior in that even under experimental circumstances animals will behave as they please.

You Sir are a Sage! :good:

There is something in what Gilberts1989 says. If you are clever enough it is perfectly possible to get pigeons to land in exactly the same spot everytime.

The attached photo shows the result of decoying as Gilberts1989 explains. They all came in the same way and I shot them in the same place and when they fell they all lined up perfectly in a heap.

DSC04686.jpg

WOW! That's a REAL SKILL you have there JDog!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the weekend we were competing to see who could drop the shot birds on to the tractor tracks through the Spring Rape, it's far more difficult than you might think! :lol:

The ONLY way to resolve this is to get that video made and posted, otherwise the **** taking will continue!

WOW! That's a REAL SKILL you have there JDog!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the weekend we were competing to see who could drop the shot birds on to the tractor tracks through the Spring Rape, it's far more difficult than you might think! :lol:

The ONLY way to resolve this is to get that video made and posted, otherwise the **** taking will continue!

Yes it's a skill learnt over many years.

There is something in what Gilberts1989 says. If you are clever enough it is perfectly possible to get pigeons to land in exactly the same spot everytime.

The attached photo shows the result of decoying as Gilberts1989 explains. They all came in the same way and I shot them in the same place and when they fell they all lined up perfectly in a heap.

DSC04686.jpg

Top shooting JDog .

You even managed to get them to land the right way up to save spoiling the pattern , no wonder you have been doing so well this year it must be so easy with not having to barely swing the gun .

Haha I can't believe people are getting worked up over this and are just dismissing it as bull. Can a just let it be know that i dont chose the exact spot for tgem to land, but the rough area, then they land in the same place every time. Oh well, I have gave my explaination.

Surely this has gone of topic a little now

Haha I can't believe people are getting worked up over this and are just dismissing it as bull. Can a just let it be know that i dont chose the exact spot for tgem to land, but the rough area, then they land in the same place every time. Oh well, I have gave my explaination.

I don't think anyone is getting "WORKED UP", we are just waiting for your video!

not at all because you are still insisting it can be done, please tell us its a wind up :wacko:

Yeh maybe worked up wasn't the right words to use.

It's not a wind up, what would I benifit by lying and a Internet forum about this. I don't know anyone and I haven't said what I have said to impress people. otherwise I could have just said I can drop pigeons at 100 yard.

I have gone to the trouble of sitting down and drawing diagrams of my technique to try and explain and it's just getting dismissed straight away by most people. Oh well, such is life

It's not a wind up, what would I benifit by lying and a Internet forum about this. I don't know anyone and I haven't said what I have said to impress people. otherwise I could have just said I can drop pigeons at 100 yard.

I have gone to the trouble of sitting down and drawing diagrams of my technique to try and explain and it's just getting dismissed straight away by most people. Oh well, such is life

So go out, film it happening, post the video and sit back while we all congratulate you!

on no don,t start that one off :no:

Well I've been out for a couple of hours with a Mate, he's still in the field as he doesn't have to come home for children returning from school!!!

Between us we managed to get all the birds we killed to fall in to a 70 acre field of spring rape!

I feel this may require some more work!

Nearly there fella !! Just need a huge game bag :good: