Which Tablet??

Muddy Funker

Hi Guys,

It's swmbo's birthday soon and I'd like to get her a tablet as a bit of a go between the phone and computer at home.

There seems to be so many with so many mixed reviews and I'm confusing myself.

Budget will be around £200 so I'm looking for the most I can get around that figure.

I'm not an Apple fan boy and am open to any alternative, samsung, nexus ect,,,,

Was thinking Kidle Fire HD but people slate it for being so tied to Amazon and thus restricted in it's use.

Any recomendation please?

Thanks in advance :good:

Go for the Google Nexus 7 - very good value for money, and well within your budget. I have this and an iPad. I much prefer the iPad, but it is not within your budget :-). As far as android tablets go, the Nexus 7 is very good value and well built. It is manufactured by ASUS to Google's specification. The only downside of the Nexus I can think of is that it doesn't have any sort of SD slot, or a rear facing camera (only a front facing - which is quite fine for video conferencing/skype). Here is a good deal on the 32gb model:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexus-7-32gb-169-00-tesco-direct-1585780

My sons both have Nexus 7, missus has samsung galaxy,i had the ipad,(now sold as prever the Samsung,to be honest with the ipad your limited,and personally i thing both the nexus 7 & Samsung galaxy knock spots of the apple(ALOT OF MONEY JUST FOR A BRAND)

Edited by Davyo

bought the misses a kindle a few years ago. she never put it down.

I then bought her an Ipad, the kindle now is never used as the kindle account transferred to the Ipad.

we have nexus 4 phones and the kindle is on them too.

Im waiting for the Nexus 10 to have the upgrade like the new nexus 7. i find the 7 is to big to be a pocket pad and not big enough to sit and surf so it will be a 10 once their released.