cz 452 17HMR Trigger Kit

straightshooter1

Got exactly the same rifle bud. Trigger is like pulling a house!!!

Try rimfire magic they do a kit with several springs. Top top people as well.

Cant recommend it highly enough.

+!

Alan

Hi Guys and Girls just bought a CZ452 17hmr The one with the synthetic stock and silver barrel etc. took it out to squeeze of a few rounds and what a horrible trigger way to heavy. So can you guys and girls reccomend me some kits and where I can get them from please.

Rimfire majic (south yorkshire shooting supplies) - 12 quid and about 15 minutes to fit, i got one for my 455 but does the 452 also, you get 3 springs, i used the middle one so still have the soft and hard options if you want them with instructions i will post them you but for 12 quid you may as well get the full kit as you will most likely fit the middle spring like everyone else.

i have a 455 thumbhole,i used an ink pen spring,i find it brilliant,its not because i did not want to pay £12,i done some research,and found the idea :yes:

Just bought a 455 t/h 16" :)

Used a ink pen spring in the loading port of a bsa air sporter,multi use :good:

Rimfire majic (south yorkshire shooting supplies) - 12 quid and about 15 minutes to fit, i got one for my 455 but does the 452 also, you get 3 springs, i used the middle one so still have the soft and hard options if you want them with instructions i will post them you but for 12 quid you may as well get the full kit as you will most likely fit the middle spring like everyone else.

thanks bud for the offer

i have a 455 thumbhole,i used an ink pen spring,i find it brilliant,its not because i did not want to pay £12,i done some research,and found the idea :yes:

Just bought a 455 t/h 16" :)

Used a ink pen spring in the loading port of a bsa air sporter,multi use :good:

well guys took your advice and tried the pen spring idea, but the spings I got from my cheapy pens were tight and felt a tad too soft especialy after the rubber malet test which went off at a slight tap, so scratched my head for a while and had an epifany! I have a box full of electrical odds and **** and found the perfect spring for me, from an old style car stereo in line fuse perfect length, not too soft, and the same width s the original one and it takes one hell of a whack from the rubber malet to get it to fire. The trigger pull is crisp light and very predictable completely transformed. Will takle her out tomorrow to re zero and check my grouping. Thanks for the idea guys :good: :good: :good:

Edited by straightshooter1

There are lots, and lots in the history here, 2 of mine have the Brooks kit fitted, I still, think they are the best, but I would wouldn't I.

You can make a world of difference to a CZ rimfire for £10-£15...IF you need to, many don't!

Edit

Don't know this kit, but for the money it could be worth a try.......

http://www.czrifles.co.uk/trigger-kits-for-cz-452-455-rifles-8-80/

Edited by Dekers

Rimfire magic middle spring for me

Reading about ball point pen springs and old car stereo springs doesn't fill me with confidence I always try to think what if & how things would play out if the worst happened,....

For instance if someone was killed or injured and you were giving evidence in court would you feel better saying I bought a tried & tested piece of kit from a gunsmith or reputable dealer with full instructions and fitted my self (i have a mechanical background).

or would you rather tell a judge & possible grieving family you robbed a spring out of a biro & it seamed just fine.

Ok Ok lots of other things would of had to be wrong before you got to this exagerated point .... but really is it worth it for £12?

Not wanting to judge or criticize anyone this is just my opinion, you may well of done a very good job of your gun, this is just my thoghts

I repair and work on all my own guns and allways have.

The kits that you buy are simply put together from spring makers/supplier with a specific tension and correct size,bagged and sold at a huge mark up. I didn't just throw a spring in and say "hey up that'll do" I made sure the spring was the right size, tension and I also tested it to insure that it was safe, just like the Gunsmith who put these Kits together in the first place. Thats why I didn't go with the pen spring.

I totally agree with you if you do not have the knowledge and skill to select the correct size and tension spring. Definatly buy a kit, but to go one step further, I would not fit it myself if my knowledge was so limited, as I would then not have the right skills to sellect the correct tension and safely test said springs. The mere fact that you bought it from a shop would not make me sleep any better should a horrific accident happen and I could not see that being a defence in a court of law just because you bought it from a shop! Because if you fit the kit yourself the resposibility to correctly fit the kit and check it's level of safety falls squarly on your shoulders.

So in short if you are not confident in your ability to do the whole job from start to finish, do not attempt this yourself and let your local gunsmith carry out the work.

Edited by straightshooter1

Hello

Slightly off topic... but I want to fit a trigger kit to my 452hmr but one of the screws in the stock will not budge! Does anyone have any tips on getting it out?? I have screwdrivers that fit pretty well but have had trouble finding one that is a perfect fit which may help, anyone recommend the size needed or specific screwdriver? ( I think its the screw just in front of the trigger guard but am not currently near my gun so cant check...)

And I have given the screw some serious force with help of a vice and second person with still no result and I dont want to round out the screw.

Thankyou for any help/suggestions

Craig

If your screw driver is too big and you have a grinder grind her down to the right size, using the right tools is essential. Then you can try a couple of things spray some wd40 and let it go to work. after 30 mins or so place the screw driver into the screw and with a small hammer give the screw driver a few taps not too hard, just so you get a shock going through the screw. then try to undo it again. Try this a few times, but dont go hell for leather on the tapping or trying to force the screw undone. Eventually she will let loose, but you have to be patiant. if all else fail it's a trip to your local RFD but gauranteed he will do the same thing and if all else fails he will aply heat to the screw using a soldering iron or something similar. I have done this before on one of my shotguns it took me a week of trying everyday for 30 mins but it came undone eventually, with no damage she was just rusted in.

good luck

I repair and work on all my own guns and allways have.

The kits that you buy are simply put together from spring makers/supplier with a specific tension and correct size,bagged and sold at a huge mark up. I didn't just throw a spring in and say "hey up that'll do" I made sure the spring was the right size, tension and I also tested it to insure that it was safe, just like the Gunsmith who put these Kits together in the first place. Thats why I didn't go with the pen spring.

I totally agree with you if you do not have the knowledge and skill to select the correct size and tension spring. Definatly buy a kit, but to go one step further, I would not fit it myself if my knowledge was so limited, as I would then not have the right skills to sellect the correct tension and safely test said springs. The mere fact that you bought it from a shop would not make me sleep any better should a horrific accident happen and I could not see that being a defence in a court of law just because you bought it from a shop! Because if you fit the kit yourself the resposibility to correctly fit the kit and check it's level of safety falls squarly on your shoulders.

So in short if you are not confident in your ability to do the whole job from start to finish, do not attempt this yourself and let your local gunsmith carry out the work.

All fair comments, however as said a certain skill level is essential

Regarding fitting trigger kits to Cz rifles, and I have fitted a few in the last couple of years, if the rifle is under warranty with Edgar Brothers, then any work/alteration that you do,will invalidate your guarantee.

It's possible that they won't see that a different spring has been added/changed, but that's a chance that you would have to take.