Few Blackies Using My Video Glasses

Aye Daz,

Saturday and today - hence two different guns on the video (Cynergy and Maxus) and I also filmed a clay session on Sunday with it . I bought it mainly to see why I am missing around 20% of the clays on a Sunday as I average around 80/100. After looking at the video from Sunday it looks like I am occasionally bringing the gun up to the correct lead then stopping firing for a split second (checking more than likely!) then likely missing behind. Must concentrate on following through more I think.

Well there advertised as HD (take that with a pinch of salt!) but there not bad for the price. As said they are cheaper direct from China (you can get them even cheaper than the link, but then they only come with 1 set of lenses) but I decided to get them from the UK as I received them in two days - and it would be easier to send them back if they would have been faulty. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S30Y-New-HD-5MP-720P-Wide-140-Spy-Sun-Glasses-DVR-Sports-Pal-Camera-5-Pair-Lens-/281084736153?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item4171f4b299

Hi Daz,

It's a funny old game. Even when you know what you are doing wrong it's still hard to do it another way, as it's so ingrained into your subconscious!

It is weird watching yourself shooting as well! I hardly had any recollection of seeing the barrel in three out of the five shots I did in the video as I was so focused on the target. On the last shot I even opened up my hand on the forend just before firing (no idea what that was about!)

Still glad I bought the video glasses though. :)

Steve, this has been so helpful, just ordered the same glasses as you with extreme caution as I thought they may be c**p! I wanted a good focal view down the barrel for sporting, are you pleased with them? easy to use? what about the fit and yellow lenses?

I saw the "see the lead" website and guessed they must be using this type of video glasses and there are hundreds to chose from, Gordon the guy from the website would not let on what glasses he used, just told me he was developing some for the end of the year!

I have ordered the same ones as you, do you find they have helped your shooting and lead picture?

Hi Unicad,

I'm using the red lenses on my glasses although that won't affect the video as the video lens is in between the normal lenses. One thing you have to remember is that the video lens will always be off to one side and a little bit higher than your shooting eye. So for instance in the attached video - on clays coming from my right I will be giving them more lead than you can see in the video. It is hard to see the clays on the video as obviously they are small and fast (press the magnifying glass symbol to go full screen on the attached) and if they break then generally they just disappear without any indication that you have broken them (although the majority of the clays were between 20-40yards).

If you use VLC media player (free) to view the videos from the sdcard then you can slow motion them (press + or - on the keyboard) and by doing this I have seen myself stopping the gun a few times and not giving enough lead. If you keep your scorecard and watch the video you made then you can work out which ones you definitely missed and see a pattern of why generally. For the price they aren't bad. If they filmed at 2X or 3X zoom in a narrower field of view then they would be better for clay shooting videos.

View My Video

And one of the clips in slow motion (spy glass in the link to full size). Quality is a bit clearer on the original files (on the PC)

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=i23akw&s=5

Edited by barrie0

Instructions are rubbish mind (converted from Chinese!).

Basically I used a Samsung Class 6 (transfer speed of the card) 16gb Micro SD SDHC card from Ebay in mine. It already came formatted (Fat 32) and the glasses use about 7.5gb -8gb per hour. The battery lasts about an hour (but it's slowly improving after a few charges). The files are block written to the card every ten minutes or so - I.E if you record for an hour you will have several video files (not one) but it does this in the background automatically.

On & off button (Orange) is on the left hand side. The LED is solid blue when not recording and pulses on and off when recording and turns red when charging (then turns off when charged - or alternates blue and red if fully charged if the glasses are powered on).

No drivers are needed for a PC as the computer treats the card as just another external drive.

When I got mine it automatically overlaid the date and time on the video. I turned this off (had to search around on the internet to find out how to do this) by adding the following into Wordpad (or Notepad, Word, etc) and saving the file as a .txt file onto the root of the sdcard and turning the glasses on and off.

In the following format its Year (Space) Month (Space) Day (Space) Hour:Minutes:Seconds(N is to turn off the time stamp or Y is to have the time stamp)

2013 06 26 18:00:00N

To play them I either use Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player and to edit the video I use Windows Movie Maker (all free).

Think that's it as far as I can remember. :good: