Smoked Greylag breast...RANK!

happy.plinker

Just had hot smoked greylag breast from last season,had it soaking in coke then in the freezer,took it out cut it very thin then hot smoked them and it was tough chewy too smoky,not sure if smoker was too hot, cooked to quick or what. I know a bloke who had some a while ago and said it was delicious! might of been cold smoked. Anyone else tried this. Pole Star your bound to have dabbled with this.

Just had hot smoked greylag breast from last season,had it soaking in coke then in the freezer,took it out cut it very thin then hot smoked them and it was tough chewy too smoky,not sure if smoker was too hot, cooked to quick or what. I know a bloke who had some a while ago and said it was delicious! might of been cold smoked. Anyone else tried this. Pole Star your bound to have dabbled with this.

Hi Bill, havn't posted any photos yet but 'my media' looks like its the way to do it,theres also 'image', just have to try I guess,look forward to seeing them.

Hi Bill, havn't posted any photos yet but 'my media' looks like its the way to do it,theres also 'image', just have to try I guess,look forward to seeing them.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/billy_bennett0/media/P1020036_zps4c7d168c.jpg.html

Ive got some great photos of my old smoker.Ill have a look tonight and try and send them. Its normally dead simple. Im building a new one tomorrow and once finished Ill post the photos if I can find out how to.

Ive got some great photos of my old smoker.Ill have a look tonight and try and send them. Its normally dead simple. Im building a new one tomorrow and once finished Ill post the photos if I can find out how to.

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/billy_bennett0/library/

This topic is great reading, I am going to give smoking a try this year. I already cure my own bacon from another great thread on PW.

So photos:

I download mine onto Photobucket.com then copy the img thing onto here. I wish I could explain computer talk better.

This topic is great reading, I am going to give smoking a try this year. I already cure my own bacon from another great thread on PW.

So photos:

I download mine onto Photobucket.com then copy the img thing onto here. I wish I could explain computer talk better.

Ive tried photo bucket and seems to work,Thanks

Nice photos Bill, on your locker type smoker is that a tray of wood dust on the bottom that just smoulders away or is it fan assisted by that 'fan' on the side? I saw someone on youtube making one similar out of a 45 gallon oil drum and it just had a tray with a winding trail of oak dust smouldering.

Nice photos Bill, on your locker type smoker is that a tray of wood dust on the bottom that just smoulders away or is it fan assisted by that 'fan' on the side? I saw someone on youtube making one similar out of a 45 gallon oil drum and it just had a tray with a winding trail of oak dust smouldering.

Its not a fan its a smoke generator which burns wood biscuits every 20 mins. You will get one from any Bradley smoker site.The generator advances a new biscuit and the old one fall out so i put a tray of oak dust underneath just to create for smoke. What I used to do was a gas ring under a big tray of dust and light until it heated up and started smouldering and then switch it off. The new smoker is in place Ill try and put some photos on later

Its not a fan its a smoke generator which burns wood biscuits every 20 mins. You will get one from any Bradley smoker site.The generator advances a new biscuit and the old one fall out so i put a tray of oak dust underneath just to create for smoke. What I used to do was a gas ring under a big tray of dust and light until it heated up and started smouldering and then switch it off. The new smoker is in place Ill try and put some photos on later

Thats a similar set up I have for my sentry box type cold smoker only I use an old tattie pot filled with saw dust or oak chips & I get it going with an gas burner then once its going well I place lump of old iorn sheet over the top of the pot to act as a damper & then let it smolder away & that workes well .

ATB

ok guys, rather than your photos coming up as a link.

when you yourself go into photobucket, click on your picture, you'll see at the right of the picture 4 oblong boxes, the bottom one, IMG left click on that, it should turn yellow and say copied, if not, right click and it'll turn blue, then click COPY

now in your post on pigeon watch, right click and paste, easy once you get the hang of it, and your post will then show pictures rather than links

ok guys, rather than your photos coming up as a link.

when you yourself go into photobucket, click on your picture, you'll see at the right of the picture 4 oblong boxes, the bottom one, IMG left click on that, it should turn yellow and say copied, if not, right click and it'll turn blue, then click COPY

now in your post on pigeon watch, right click and paste, easy once you get the hang of it, and your post will then show pictures rather than links

Thanks for that tip stubby & I will give it a go soon :good::yes: .

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ! great job Bill & I see its a brand new one with fish ready to go & it will of course change color inside very quickly once it starts going :good: .

ATB Pole Star

Hope you dont mind me stealing the name for the box when you mentioned Sentry box. Ive just got to find some stainless trays the right size and its finished.It will get well smoked in September with Salmon,pigeons and duck.

Hope you dont mind me stealing the name for the box when you mentioned Sentry box. Ive just got to find some stainless trays the right size and its finished.It will get well smoked in September with Salmon,pigeons and duck.

LOL ! no prob bill I did not get a copy right on the name so I wont sue ! :lol: your box is lovely inside but alas it wont be for long I think I have got the uploading of pictures mastered so I must up load some here .

ATB Carl

LOL ! no prob bill I did not get a copy right on the name so I wont sue ! :lol: your box is lovely inside but alas it wont be for long I think I have got the uploading of pictures mastered so I must up load some here .

ATB Carl

If youve mastered the pics let me know how to do it . I was trying to resize them but couldnt. Im at work just now and our company blocks a lot of material on the PC especially anything to do with guns,cartridges etc so it might be something to do with that and very slow internet. Cant wait to see the pics

If youve mastered the pics let me know how to do it . I was trying to resize them but couldnt. Im at work just now and our company blocks a lot of material on the PC especially anything to do with guns,cartridges etc so it might be something to do with that and very slow internet. Cant wait to see the pics

Its a hard to explain on here bill so might have to do over the phone on the week end as you are by your pc at home . ???

ATB Pole Star

Its a hard to explain on here bill so might have to do over the phone on the week end as you are by your pc at home . ???

ATB Pole Star

Im offshore and you can only get me by email until 1st September,after that Ill be at home for a months shooting and fishing (hard life)

Im offshore and you can only get me by email until 1st September,after that Ill be at home for a months shooting and fishing (hard life)

OK bill if I get a mo tomorrow I will try & explain in detail how I get it done & maybe if you fumble about with the instructions you will sus it .

ATB Pole Star