Browning A Bolt Gold Medalion .22

L.R.S

Hiya all.

Last week I got my SGC and FAC through.On Sunday I purchased a Browning A bolt Gold Medalion .22 from a friend who had been holding on to it for me for the last 4 months.

Sunday evening I went to my permissions to zero it in and test different types of rounds..Winchester x Bullets in the blue box did not want to group at 50 yards.The new Winchester sub sonic in the black box were good,but even better were the Elly subs.

After zeroing at 50 yards I moved back to 75 yards and shot 5 rounds.All landed about 1.5" below and 2" to the right.I can understand why the drop but not why they went to the right!!!.So I adjusted my zero by 4 clicks to the left which brought it back on target.

Then I moved to 100 yards and went 2.5 milldots hold under which was spot on.No adjustment needed.

I cant see why the change between 50 and 75 yards?.I have a Tasco Varmint scope with front paralex adjustment.Maybe Its not working propaly and I am getting paralex error?Could anybody please shed some light on this.As I have only ever shot air rifles before.

I have another scope I can use which is better than my Tasco.Its a MTC Mamba with side paralex adjust.This scope is excellent on my air rifle.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(WAG coming up - I've never shot anything other than air-rifles and shotguns).

Cant?

Did you move your rifle or did you move the target? Is the ground resting on you're flat, level and in a plane with the target?

Thanks for the reply Flynn.

I was shooting slightly uphill as there was a very large hill behind as a backstop and the best place on my permissions to test the rifle.I left the target where it was and moved my rifle back each time.The rifle was on a Bi-pod and had a sandbag under the but for suport and to make steady.

I have been looking online most of the afternoon and found a video on U tube explaining the problem I have.It was mentioned it could be my Rifle scope mounts which could be twisting my rifle scope one way or the other!!(is that what you class as CANT)?.I will check that out if only to eliminate that from being the problem.