Shooting Permission Needed & Intro

First of all,

Hello everyone,

I think finding this forum is going to be a great addition to my shooting. Im Alex, 25 in Birmingham. Been shooting for a few years, due to recent move to built up area (away from parents) am now struggling to find land to be able to shoot on.

If anyone has any land available, i would be most appreciative if they could make contact. I will happily shoot any pests anyone does not want to persue in exchange for shooting permission.

Pick of the bag always offered to land owner, shoots left as i found them, clean, tidy, no mess, and all wildlife respected. I have 2 friends who are also in the same position if an extra hand is needed, or if permission can be given to all 3 of us.

We are not loonatics crazy or irresponsible :no:

If anybody feels they are able to help me/us. I/We would be very appreciative :good:

Many Thanks Guys,

Happy to be part of the forum!

:yahoo:

Dunno where you were shooting before fella but it's VERY difficult to get shooting permission in the South and it's mostly tied up. People who do have it are understandably very protective of it and unlikely to start sharing it with someone who has just popped his head above the parapet.

It will involve getting out there, knocking on landowners doors, making contacts a nd a big dollop of old fashioned good luck. Hope you strike lucky one day but I wouldn't expect it to happen quickly.

Hey guys, thanks for your comments and suggestions.

I guess ill just have to keep my ear to the ground on this one. Couple of people up in Hockly Heath have looked promising, and its actually where my two friends live too. Maybe one day, through sheer luck i will come across someone with more land than they can cope with :-)

BASC? Im logging on now... £75 a year you say, and permission comes with it??!

I know right moving into urban has really knocked this great sport for me for 6 :/

Just someone with a little field i can spend a Sunday afternoon would be lovely. :good:

Some posts have been removed, if you can't help the OP, then please don't post derailing comments.

Remember , we all had to start somewhere.

Joining BASC does not automatically get you shooting permission, but most Landowners/Framers will want to know you have full liability insurance cover (which you get with BASC membership).

The best advice is to map out an area you are prepared to travel within to shoot.

Then drive round that area and contact the Farmers to ask for permission to shoot their vermin.

There is other positive and useful advice posted here, http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/forum/15-help-advice/ .

Hey guys, thanks for your comments and suggestions.

I guess ill just have to keep my ear to the ground on this one. Couple of people up in Hockly Heath have looked promising, and its actually where my two friends live too. Maybe one day, through sheer luck i will come across someone with more land than they can cope with :-)

BASC? Im logging on now... £75 a year you say, and permission comes with it??!

I know right moving into urban has really knocked this great sport for me for 6 :/

Just someone with a little field i can spend a Sunday afternoon would be lovely. :good:

Perhaps I got that wrong ? but best if you join basc & see if what they can do for you ? they might point you on the right road but remember shooting permissions in the UK are very jealously guarded & for any newcomer into shooting & it can be a hard slog , some people just get lucky & fall into lots of it but they tend to be country people who are well connected .

It might pay you to join a local clay club & chat among the shooters there & see if you can get any leads ? or did you ever think of doing any beating ? I know its not the same but its a good way to get a network & can be a great day out & if the shoot you beat on is a good one then you might just get a cocks only day at the end of the season .

Good luck .

Hi Dude , its very hard to get land to shoot on as has been mentioned before , i used to do a lot of airgunning and thats even harder to get permission for ! The BASC seems to be the organisation everybody requires membership of before they let you loose on their land and there is a section on this forum where the odd oportunity arises at short notice for help pigeon bashing but they always seem to be miles away from me ! keep plugging away you will find somewhere eventually

I have recently started to look for permisson . The best way to find land is Google maps ( which opens at your current location ) then put in farms . You will see the bigger ones come up with details , web sites etc . But there is also all the small red dots where it is just the name and adresss. You will be shocked at how many there is . I was only excpecting to see a few when I done it . But found there was hundereds. Then just send a letter and card or visit in person . Sending letters is a way of mass dropping information , if you have loads around you like i do then to travel to them all would take some time . By sending letters and bussiness cards if they need you they will call ( im hoping ) .Good luck