new gun gets fox

simon6ppc

hi guys me and my mate chana went out last night on another late fox mission,as we get our pheasant poults tomorrow for our shoot,we see nothing all night only sheep every where we looked,on our last field just as we where going back to the car we spotted this old dog fox,i shot him about 190 yard away with my new vssf 22.250.i aimed high as to allow for any bullet drop but as you know a 22.250 at that range is almost flat zeroed at 120 yard, so it hit exactly where i aimed,3 hours for one fox is a long time but at least we got one,cheers simon...

post-56146-0-37912900-1373075044_thumb.jpg

Nice one. .

Its all a bit high round here at the mo.. can't wait til they start mowing, I should be out sorting a few cubs out.

Your happy with it then ;-)

ye dougy very happy to be honest,i got it for the long barrel thinking every thing else would not match up to my sako. but i will hold my hand up that remy can shoot,if some one said you can only have one out of the two i would still pick my sako ha ha. and ye blooming grass is a ballhake,its hot now for a few days so every one around here is cutting so next week the critters will have no where to hide, cheers simon....

Well done Simon, a mate has a tika 3 in 22.250 and it is very flat.

Yours looks very posh and the fox very dead :good: ...top darts

TEH

ye pal your right, ive used a 6ppc for last 10 years and you get used to where to aim at what distance,i did 5 years with a 22.250 years ago and you forget how flat they are,but ye a top round, ime out again tonight on another mission if my mates dont talk me into getting very drunk ha ha :drinks: cheers simon

If you shoot a fox when you're out I class that as a good night :good:

A few fields cut near me ., I shot a cub last night but it was only cat sized but saw a few so will be back out after them...

I was also using my .22/250 absolutely brilliant calibre imho....

Edited by FOXHUNTER1

If you shoot a fox when you're out I class that as a good night :good:

A few fields cut near me ., I shot a cub last night but it was only cat sized but saw a few so will be back out after them...

I was also using my .22/250 absolutely brilliant calibre imho....

i had some cubs last week pal and untill i picked them i thought they where adults,but ye some the week before where very cute and cudely..abt simon

Good shooting Simon :good: at least its one less fox on your shoot mate, didnt think it would be long before you cristend your new gun.

cheers dave, ive avoided the beer so ime back out again tonight now on another safari,got some cubs to close to be honest, i dont just like shooting them but they have got to go,cheers simon...

Three hours and will be worth every minute to them poults :good:

U.

your right underdog, this year has been brilliant for fox shooting ,ive had 16 just on 2 farms in 3 month 5 of them cubs, the other 11 adults, been good for the rifle but now our poults have come its a bit worrying.our pen is bang on with an electric fence so they should be ok.but its when they come out,will see any way as 2 of us use rifles and we have a cage trap that works 24 hours a day, cheers simon...

They will still nick yer poults mate, Im on my second beer :lol: my lab pup is coming on, hard work, but slowly getting there :lol:

what age is she now dave, bet you cant wait to take her on the pigeons, mines 3 now ime very very suited with him, had 12 pigeons flighting friday night over chicken poo, nothing to shoot about but was good for the dog ,cheers simon...