you don't get nothing for a pair

welsh1

Last night after accumulating masses of brownie points my better half suggested i pop out shooting as it was so nice,who am i to argue.

Yesterday i decided to change all my scopes about, so the .22 now has just iron sights,and is very light great fun and still very accurate, and i took my nikko scope and replaced the night vision on the hmr,giving it the range back i wanted.

So popped out to test the hmr and saw lots of rabbits but went to a spot where there is a large chain mail fence running up a 200yd strip and made myself comfy,the fence is good as you can be accurate with your distances.

It wasn't long before 5 bunnies came out and no1 was shot at 106yds and his mate that stayed behind to watch went soon after at 125yds,both nice head shots

lxmd.jpg

I went for a stroll around the chicken farm and squeaked this boy in and gave him a headache that a couple of asprin won't cure,he was well fed and surprisingly heavy.

lktz.jpg

Edited by welsh1

good shooting mate,them hmrs can be a tool in the right hands. gona swap my 22rf for one soon.

Keep your .22 and still get the HMR.

The.22 has its place,and is cheap to feed,the HMR comes into its own when you can't get close to use the .22,would be a very hard decision to have to keep only one of them.

How spooky,

I have just noticed in my pictures,that the rabbit one appears to have a ghost rabbit head at the rear feet of the bottom rabbit.

And my fox has no front legs,i have just checked the original photo and it is the same,he defiantly had 4 legs when i shot him!

scruffy little fox he is.. what lamp you playing with ?? its small

its one of those torches from Hong Kong, a tenner postage and takes about a week to get here,but has a great beam that comes out square showing the circuit board, low high and strobe settings, you can sit foxy in a nice square box of light at 100yds no problem, the beam will light up eyes hundreds of yds away.

just decided to take the nv off for a while and go old school. ;)