Cabinet key security

nsi

Oooh good find! I didn't know of any brand besides buffalo river or sentry who were doing these and they were over £500ish as I recall. That digital sealey that meets BS7558 for £250 inc vat looks like a great option for me. Thanks very much for the link!

no probs.. i can honestly not recommend one more.. you might be able to find it cheaper some were else but at £250.. bargain.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to be extra careful with digital safes.

There is a lad in Burnley who can literally kick the door in.

Was on holiday when the door thread rolled out...managed to find it this morning...fantastic is all I can say...still laughing. " bravo".

Edited by archie1234

This is an interesting thread, as Beds Police are positively encouraging licence holders to fit the 'keymaster' type key locks indoors to secure their keys. Seems a bit of an odd thing to do when you consider the last person i know of that they told to do this has a brand new house where you can’t get any grip on the thermablocks behind the plasterboard, so essentially, the key safe is secured to plaster board and nothing else!

AB

Perhaps it was South Yorkshire police

dont get me started Karen has just rang to see if the gun I've bought last week belonged to joe ??? when i said no martyn , she said thats ok there seems to be 2 guns with the same serial number bye ,,,, put phone down I'm CONFUSED.COM

Hi.

Newbie around here. Got sgl but no cabinet/gun yet. I fancied a sentry safe or buffalo river digital cabinet as I don't like the idea of having keys that can be copied lost or stolen.

However they are VERY expensive and only the top (large) models have digital. So I'm considering getting a 'normal' key operated bratton sound and then keeping the key in a smaller digital ammo safe adjacent to the gun safe.

Would this 'pass muster' with the feo and 'common sense'?

I know some people have key cabinets or safes and just 'look after' their key. I don't want it on my keyring so will putting it in another 'bs' approved safe be sensible? Seems ok to me but wanted to put it to you guys too.

Cheers

how you managed to get sgc without having a cabinet already fitted?

Going anywhere near my guns would be a very bad idea, I'm not known for being the forgiving type.

Seriously though, you can only do your best and to my mind that includes defending your guns by any means, better to shoot some scumbag than let him take your guns onto the streets. My keys are hidden when I'm at home but, being a lorry driver, they're not at home much.

how you managed to get sgc without having a cabinet already fitted?

A cabinet is not a requirement to hold SGC you just apply as everyone does......

Until you intend to keep a gun at home no need for a cabinet! Some people don't intend to keep guns at home.

Not unusual for a foreign manufacturer to not state compliance with a BS standard. Is has multi point locking and 2mm steel construction which are the main parts, I am sure the manufacturer can supply more detail for those interested.

http://www.rottner-security.co.uk/great-britain/products-old/weapon-cabinets/guntronic.html

Edited by HDAV

Lol I meant the key safes that are designed for a wall outside a house , supra, or 4 wheel combos etc. If your 'key safe' is a proper safe providing iv got the pick / decoder for that lock, ill take your money for 60 Mins :). Your going to tell me you got a manifold combo now aren't you ;) plus you could be into almost any safe in 60 mins as a bad guy, 12 inch disk grinder and a good dust mask lol

I may possibly have a Manifoil MkIV. I couldn't possibly comment. :whistling:

Keep my gun cab keys on me along with safe key(heavy 2" thick steel walls and 4" door) also ammo box key, spare safe key in ammo box and gun cab keys in safe, then spare ammo box key hidden in house. If you found ammo box key you still got to find it as thats tucked away as is the safe.

I have a bratton cabinet and the key goes with me everywhere,i have four cabinets in total and the keys for the other three are in the main one I have a spare that is stored away from my home,the bratton cabinets are in my opinion the better ones I have a couple of buffalo river while they are good they have two keys so load up your pockets.

My spare keys are held by a trusted friend who is also a FAC and SGC holder and I do likewise for him.

This takes care of the two problems that could easily befall us older chaps.

1. Forgetting where we've left our primary set of keys.

2. Dropping dead and relatives not knowing where the keys are.

OK, so we both might be killed at the same time but what are the odds on that

Edited by rogcal

My spare keys are held by a trusted friend who is also a FAC and SGC holder and I do likewise for him.

This takes care of the two problems that could easily befall us older chaps.

1. Forgetting where we've left our primary set of keys.

2. Dropping dead and relatives not knowing where the keys are.

OK, so we both might be killed at the same time but what are the odds on that

But what if you forget where you've put his keys??? :blush: