Empty cartridge litter louts

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you put your empty cartridge in the bins provided or let them litter the floor ???

• Put in bins provided
    • Let them fly out and litter the floor

Catch them and in the bin. Get's right on my wick when people leave them

I've fired somewhere in the region of 2000 cartridges through my gun and I have no idea how far the ejectors will spit out a shell? Might check over the weekend, then pick the shells up and put them in the bin :)

it is not hard for people with sxs and ou to take them out of the chamber and put them in the bins by hand!!!!!! but with semi autos you should pick them up, but i have yet to see anyone do it at my local sporting ground, maybe its because there are a lot of people waiting to shoot that stand and the markers want to get through them, i dont know

Unless using my auto I always catch them and put them in the bin. It's no harder than letting them go. With the auto I'll pick them up when I'm done.

We had some posh fella ejecting his cartridges all over a little informal farm shoot that I visit now and again. He was a friend of one of the regulars and the farmer didn't know him. Anyway, to cut a long story short he was interested in my combi gun so once we'd packed up I distracted him by offering him a few shots and the land owner emptied his bins into the load bed of the guy's pickup and replaced the cover. Apparently the guy was rather miffed when he got home and had to dig his shotgun out from under a few thousand empty hulls! :lol:

mine always go in the bin, or if I'm in the field my pocket...there is no worse sight that empties lying about where they are ejected in the field.. tis the height of laziness :(

the "shooter" that did this thought it was quite funny to leave the bush looking like a Christmas tree :(

IMG_0233.jpg

I only shoot semi-auto and pump, I always pick up my emptys and those of others. The worst offenders seem to be the top end berretta over and under users who think they are above picking them up.

If theres a groupu of us shooting i leave it untill we are all finished and then pick up the emptys from both the semi`s and O/U`s, I just wish the next groups would bear with us 30seconds whilewe pick up any mess, inevitabley they are the ones who shoot and leave there emptys on the floor.

Also whats this new thing folk seem to be doing where they are tipping the gun and breaking the gun to fire the emptys into the bin ? There muzzle awearness goes out of the window and they nearly always miss a few and never pick them up !

Well I have a foot in both camps here...sort of. It depends on what the done thing is at the ground I'm shooting. On my regular shoot, I get to the stand, kick all the empty hulls out of the way, shoot my semi and they land wherever they land. If there is an interruption or no one behind me, I get the magnet out and pick them up. Mine and everyone elses, I find it quite therapeutic tbh, but if there is a queue I leave them to the guy who's employed to clean up.

At other grounds I pick them up as I go, and usually everyone elses while I'm at it.

At Bisley it expected that most people will pick their on up it accepted that one or 2 will be missed and the grounds man or coaches pick those up at closing or when we have time.

But this more as we don't like the ground we use looking scruffy never been asked to do it, you just do.

Thats what i expect most are and is why i pick all mine up and those of others in a bid to be helpfull.

Catching empty cartridges as the barrels open was one of the first things taught to me as part of clay ground etiquette.

Yesterday I watched a bloke who caught and binned the cartridges when he hit the clays but ejected onto the ground when he missed .

So, he knew what was expected but threw a little tantrum when upset.

What a tool.