Nite scopes

ollie

hi everyone. I am thinking about puchasing a "Hawke nite-eye scope" as a christmas present. It is for a "Bruno .22 Magnum".

I was hoping that anyone who has had experience of using these scopes or have a good knowledge of them could give me their views on how effective they are, for long range shooting and whether it is worth forking out £79.95 - £159.95 for them. Any advice and experiences using them is appreciated. (I have already visited their website.) ???

Ollie,

In my opinion the scope is just as important as the rifle. So its not worth going for a cheaper option.

Hawke have quite a good reputation, however they do use cheap parts to construct their scopes.

As you will probably be shooting in low light conditions it is important that you use a scope which has good light transmission. I suggest Leupold as they are possibly the winners in this department.

Yes you do have to fish out more cash - but its worth it! I have tried many scopes, some even more expensive than Leupold, however I feel that they are as about as good as it gets!

If youre not prepared to spend that much, then you could look at a good Simmons or Tasco.

Hope this helps!

John

I have used Simmons,Tasco,Nikko Sterling and Hawke for lamping at night and all will do the job equally well,I mainly use on my Fac Rapid a 3-9X50 and leave it set usually on 6x magnification,there is no need to get a model with parallax adjustment or indeed a model with an adjustable objective lense as this complicates matters in the dark,however I do use a model with and A.O ring and leave it set at 50yds for my Cz Style rimfire, on it is a Diamond Mag44 6.5x20 x44 and I set it at 6.5x at night.

I got the scope I mention latterly from Bass Pro online in the states,I saved over £100 after the duty was added,all I had to do was browse the online catalogue,get the stock code and they DHL it over withtin 3 days or so once you call them by phone,It was cheaper and quicker than most Uk dealers.

Want a look at my set up at night.

ClanChief-CZ452-1.jpg

Cz Style .22lr,Simmons Diamond Mag 44 Scope,Harris Bipod,Deben Tracer Max lamp,Silencer: Custom made By Sandwell Field Sports,barrel recrowned and shortened to 15" and the famous Trigger kit from Eric Brookes which I fitted myself,Niggeloh sling.

clanchief