Lg1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a very good decoy . I used to make my own by using fresh shot birds . Pluck the bird around the vent and draw the guts out . Stuff the cavity with old rag or cotton wool . Inject the all the meat on the bird with formaldehyde . Leave the bird for a bout a week to harden off . They will last a very long time and I could make one in about 15 minutes . When you have made your decoy spray it with the wifes hair lacquer

hARNSER .

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lg1, your a talented man, that decoy is fantastic, you should seriously look into production after field trials.what sort of numbers are you talking to make it profitable and worth while?

Thank you,,,, thats a great complement... appreciate it.

get em on market mate best ive ever seen

I have decided to do just that buddy,,, lots of people have asked me to make them which has gave me great confidence. im pretty proud of them, if alls well i will have a stock of them by November... what put me off was getting a good price on making them as they cost a small fortune to make. i have managed to get the cost down now to the cheapest i think i can get them... i will be able to sell them for about £3.90 per sock.... would of been nice at £2 a pop but its just impossible... anyway i will see if all works out for me and if so i will ask admin if its possible to offer them for sale... thank you

These look VERY good!

Just a thought but have you spoken to patent attorney about getting yourself some protection from people copying your idea?

I for one can't be ***** painting my old pigeon decoys and the flocked effect is obviously gone once you do that, I'd rather just buy new ones.

Once the big manufacturers cotton on to the fact that part of their revenue is at risk I'm sure they will be looking into ways of doing something similar to your idea! - which is great by the way! Top effort and good luck with going into production! (Just make sure you give yourself as long run as possible by at least lodging for a patent before others offer similar )

Edited by Wildfowler

Good morning,

Thanks for the above advice, I was advised a while back to get protection and that's now well under way.

Again thanks, I understand that big company's will try and copy you if they like what they see, very frustrating I'm sure.

Good to hear things are moving along Lg1, do you have any idea of a unit price at the moment?

Thanks buddy, i have managed to get it down to £3.90 per sock, took some serious effort to get it down to that but think iv done quite well considering I have been paying £10 for one over the last few year lol... Needless to say I have these socks in every cupboard in the house ha..

I daren't bring myself to count them because it will remined me how much money I wasted getting them right .

Hello motty,

They are UV stable and I have used the best printing process possible for the budget. I would be lying if I said the vibrancy would not reduce over time but but it will definitely take quite some time to get to a point were you felt uncomfortable with the look.

Cheers