Buzzards beaten to death!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sympathy whatever so called reason he had and even more so if he was a volunteer he did it for personal gain ie more birds for him to shoot. On his syndicate if all you so called shooters would consider buzzards such a problem why not chuck a few quid extra into buy an extra few poults so a buzzard can live in its natural environment whereas a foreign bird gets protected so you can go all go have a few good days out in my opinion you dont give a stuff about the envirronment or countryside code of conduct. If you did you would understand each and everthing has its place. He got what was coming to him

No sympathy whatever so called reason he had and even more so if he was a volunteer he did it for personal gain ie more birds for him to shoot. On his syndicate if all you so called shooters would consider buzzards such a problem why not chuck a few quid extra into buy an extra few poults so a buzzard can live in its natural environment whereas a foreign bird gets protected so you can go all go have a few good days out in my opinion you dont give a stuff about the envirronment or countryside code of conduct. If you did you would understand each and everthing has its place. He got what was coming to him

What he did was ilegal yes

But saying everything has its place you must also be against pigeon shooting

I wonder what rights the rspca has to go onto private property and rig up cameras???

Whilst there is never an excuse for breaking the law it takes a saint to sit back and watch pheasants you nurtured and fed predated day after day. All very well saying just chuck a few extra quid into buying more poults but the cost to produce a grown bird is £12.50. No small amount when each buzzard takes say 1 bird a day.

With the growing numbers of buzzards the problem can only get worse.

Well if he is that ill ,Scully, maybe we should finish him off with a stout branch? I have no sympathy for him.

You can finish him off if you want, but I think you may find that is just as illegal as bashing Raptors to death.

I have no sympathy for the predicament he has brought upon himself, ( he has done shooting no favours at all) but I can find sympathy for the predicament he is faced with.

you got any links to facts on that one pole star? round there I'd be surprised if there were many buzzards as they don't seem to mix well with Kites and that area is alive with them.

See RossEMs post & that says it all al4x ATB Pole Star ps I know the very shoot this happened on .

the time may explain things as the release project has now filled the area with kites 8 years ago there were no where near so many. Should have prosecuted the RSPB bloke for causing unnecessary suffering for watching a buzzard in a trap for 2 hours

the time may explain things as the release project has now filled the area with kites 8 years ago there were no where near so many. Should have prosecuted the RSPB bloke for causing unnecessary suffering for watching a buzzard in a trap for 2 hours

Agree al4x they knew the bird was in there but the RSPB would rather wait & see what happened because they love keeper bashing , had they had been true to the wording of their organization they would have contacted the keeper & told him the buzzard was in the trap & would he pop down & release it ! .

No they wanted a conviction , so the buzzard was expendable in their eyes . :mad:

Edited by Pole Star

You can finish him off if you want, but I think you may find that is just as illegal as bashing Raptors to death.

I have no sympathy for the predicament he has brought upon himself, ( he has done shooting no favours at all) but I can find sympathy for the predicament he is faced with.

Agree al4x they knew the bird was in there but the RSPB would rather wait & see what happened because they love keeper bashing , had they had been true to the wording of their organization they would have contacted the keeper & told him the buzzard was in the trap & would he pop down & release it ! .

No they wanted a conviction , so the buzzard was expendable in their eyes . :mad:

I think that these two posts sum it all up.

I just love the last sentence in the Free Press article !!

Some one should tell the RSPB that they even take Phalarope's clean out of the air ! , anyone on here got a link into the photo clips that were shown some time ago of this happening ???

OOPS ! I forgot to add it may just have been a mars bar with wings ! & I'm mistaken :lol:

Edited by Pole Star

I just love the last sentence in the Free Press article !!

I know I tried to ignore that for the tripe it was, Its funny how it goes but I found a dead buzzard chick the other week and normally you'd have a look etc but I steered well away just in case there was any filming going on. We have had issues with some being allegedly poisoned nearby so the last thing you want is to be near a nest with a dead one under.

I know I tried to ignore that for the tripe it was, Its funny how it goes but I found a dead buzzard chick the other week and normally you'd have a look etc but I steered well away just in case there was any filming going on. We have had issues with some being allegedly poisoned nearby so the last thing you want is to be near a nest with a dead one under.

Good thinking there al4x you just never know ? .

I hope people take note that not every one in the RSPB is an anti but at the same time there are antis in the RSPB who I believe work to their own private agenda & I know of a very suspicious case that ended with a Taxidermist friend of mine being hauled to court & thank God the judge had the sense to chuck the RSPBs case out . So if anyone sees any thing suspicious its best you don't touch it .

Edited by Pole Star

:hmm: Interesting bit on Buzzard control by the Country siade Alliance in the Country Mans Weekly . It seems the RSPB is opposed to Natural England granting a licenses to a keeper to control them & the RSPB said that Buzzards are" specially protected ". But it turns out that the RSPB use the same licenses to cull other birds ! , strange world !. :mad:

Edited by Pole Star

It's a shame that the police seem intent in making criminals out of men that are up against it with raptors. game keeping is a hard job made harder with the current economic climate, and the continued increase in buzzard numbers I'm not saying he was right but how many successful prosecutions have cumbria police made in the shocking amount of deer poaching that happens daily everyone knows who commits the vast amount of deer poaching throughout Cumbria yet not one man has been jailed for it ( yet one prolific poacher brags in the pup pf making £15000 plus a year from deer)the only crimes that the wildlife crime officer seems bothered about are illegal raptor deaths , maybe its because the rspb do the hard work with video evidence

Also for everyone who thinks that a buzzard will only take a odd game bird knows nothing about keeping game birds they will take poults right through to full grow hen pheasants and they will bring there fledged young to a pen to teach them to hunt its not just the problem of the poults they kill directly but the fact that birds don't feel safe in there pen and fly out , then at last light the ones that return and jug on the edge of the pens can get mopped up by mr fox . I'm not sticking up for the guy but I know what it feels like to be under pressure to produce and being unable to do anything about the continued rise in buzzards ( how many licences have been granted to control buzzard numbers ) the guy has broke the law that's a fact but at the age if 64 he may of only been jailed for 70 days but what's his chance of finding another job and most-probably home when he is released

bjlfishing, Having kept & flown Buzzards I know that most of what you say here is correct except its unlikely that a wild buzzard will take full grown hen pheasants, an unusually large female might just do it ??? . But as most of us who have dabbled in Hawking know that a trained hawk is capable of taking bigger prey that their wild relations , & Buzzards I have flown have had trouble holding on to a half grown rabbit, therefore they would have the same problem with a hen pheasant .

But as said it might be possible on some occasions but I will say it is doubtful it would happen very often .

ATB

Edited by Pole Star