House move

dobbin66

Just move your cabinet to your new property then send your sgc in with a piece of paper stating your new address. Your flo will contact you to agree a convenient time to come and inspect your cabinet. This is how I did it with my force but yours may well be different.

Do NOT send them you SGC write to them with your new address and move date ask them to update your file and send you your new SGC.

I move house very regularly north Wales Police for example took 10 months to arrange an inspection I'd moved a month earlier again. If you send your SGC in you can't do everything you may want too. I've been in 9 police areas now in 11 years and never had a complaint on this system.

I just moved recently. Transferred my guns to someone else, kept hold of my certificate the whole time, installed the cabinet in the new place and emailed both the previous and the new policing authority. Had a phone call from the new FEO wanting to come round and check the cabinet and swap the old certificate for the new. In the end I wasn't even in when he came round, just gave it to my girlfriend. Then got my guns transferred back.

No hassle at all, depends on what area you're moving to though I suppose.

Edited by Cyrus1988

I just moved recently. Transferred my guns to someone else, kept hold of my certificate the whole time, installed the cabinet in the new place and emailed both the previous and the new policing authority. Had a phone call from the new FEO wanting to come round and check the cabinet and swap the old certificate for the new. In the end I wasn't even in when he came round, just gave it to my girlfriend. Then got my guns transferred back.

No hassle at all, depends on what area you're moving to though I suppose.

Can I ask why you transfered the guns to a friend?

It's more hassle and no need to do it!

I'm also moving in a month or so and was about to ask same Q. I know what date I am moving in so might see if they can visit on that day. Save putting guns in RFD.

Can you just fit cabinet and store guns while waiting for new force to inspect?

Edited by acsimmo

Why are you all putting your guns instorage you have a 5 year valid certificate there is no need their security is you responsibility no one else's the police check is not a requirement it just something they like to do as a double check.

Exactly.

I can never understand why people make up rules and complicate things for themselves instead of following the instructions that are clearly written on the front of their certificate.

I quote:

Conditions.

3. The holder of the certificate must, without undue delay, inform the chief officer of police by whom the certificate was granted of any change in his perminent address.

Nothing more is required other than to continue to comply with condition 4.

Well it seems like a lot of folk on here seem to be making things a lot harder for themselves for no apparent reason. As much as some people on here slate my current constabulary (Durham) I recently had an address change including visit and new certificates fac/sgc all done in a week. No need to be awkward and keep your old certificates and move your guns into rfd's that is just creating extra work for yourselves.