Red letter day (shot like a **** )

markyboy

Well for a couple of weeks I've been keeping an eye on a barley field well off being ripe still very pulpy! At first hundreds of young crows attacking it with odd pigeon ! This week it's been shot once with a bag of 75 pigeon taken on Wednesday !

So went to have a look fri night odd ones flying about I wasn't sure if I had missed my chance ! So got geared up with 2 mates and went for a look around 11 am yesterday.

Was slow to start to get my 2 for the magnet with the floaters not really doing much in the light breeze ! Once I got my 2 for magnet well they never stopped coming if my pals would bother to spend the money on proper gear then Mabie they would have got as much shooting as me could easily of broke a hundred if it wasn't for my shooting being woeful!

Out 2 weeks ago at crows I couldn't miss yesterday I shot like a fool crouched down in tramlines isn't easy shooting though !

The dog did a great job to pick what he did he was knackered finished with 46 with a few lost !

Must say though was using 29 gram pigeon Kent velocity shells and was not happy with the amount injured pigeon brought back at 30/35 yard shots above the decoys!

The field being chopped today for whole crop which is a shame as it was a definite hot spot !

Not sure about these shells they seem to lack a bit of zip ! But at the same time Mabie it was poor shooting as I was knocking out some decent ones !

I find it quite difficult wen the pigeons come in with there wings back at a 100 miles an hour then put the brakes on ! Making an easy shot look difficult and making a pigeon shooter look a complete **** !

But it was best fun in a while on pigeons !

Can't kill em all