Legal Age Restriction

I'm 16, turning 17 soon, and I was wondering if it is legal for me to go and shoot some pigeons on my own, on land where I have shot most of my life, however always accompanied by an adult.

There's quite a few pigeons dropping in on the farmers standing winter barley, however due to tomorrow being a weekday, my dad (who usually supervises me) cannot shoot due to work. So I was wondering if I would be able to get dropped off at the field, and set up for the day myself, and shoot on my own, without breaking any laws.

I've searced the BASC site and other sites but cannot find a straight up answer with regards to the legal age that I have to be before I can shoot on my own without any problems.

Once again, I am 16 years old. It will be much appreciated if anyone could help me out.

Cheers.

Hi mate, I also would like to know the outcome of this as I'm in the same position as you, the farmer I've shot for for the last three years says I'll be fine on my own but I've always waited for some one else to come with me as it seems a bit of a grey area and it's not worth the risk

• 2 weeks later...