Its getting expensive

This pigeon and crow shooting is getting very expensive especially when you go out 3 or 4 or 5 times a week.

what are peoples thoughts about providing shooting for people and they provide the cartridges no money just cartridges.

do you think its a good or bad idea.

i was toying with charging people for a days shooting but i don't like the idea of taking money off people especially if its a bad day

so i thought if its cartridges then you only use what is shot and i thought that was a fairer way of doing it.

cheers

Daz

I will take cartridges when offered them but would never ask for them.

Plenty of people would gladly shoot for no payment so asking for any form of payment will more than likely lose you permissions.

and before you say it i do take a few mates shooting for free and provide all the cartridges but there is a limit to what i can afford.

so i though it was an opportunity for people that have no land to shoot on to get out shooting.

and instead of paying for a wasted day they are only going to use cartridges if they actually shoot at something

your right i dont like charging either and never have yet.

i just enjoy taking people out and

but there is no way i can keep going out and shooting a thousand cartridges every week thats £800 a month minimum

thats my problem so i need to find a way i can keep going out shooting without being greedy

Its just hit me like a brick if i take someone else shooting then i will only need to provide for myself and they can shoot there own cartridges so therefore i will not need to use as many cartridges.

sorted

i am so used to providing all the cartridges it never occurred to me that whoever comes shooting will use there own cartridges

cheers

Daz

Its just hit me like a brick if i take someone else shooting then i will only need to provide for myself and they can shoot there own cartridges so therefore i will not need to use as many cartridges.

sorted

i am so used to providing all the cartridges it never occurred to me that whoever comes shooting will use there own cartridges

cheers

Daz

U supply carts ?? Am coming out with you !!!!!! :lol:

sorted

cheers

Daz

I have been out a few times with PW members and have always used my own cartridges,its only right that Newbies like myself offer to cover some of your costs for diesel or cartridges.

Had some great days of sport and banter and have met some great people,its great to visit different areas and crops and more importantly gain some useful tips and advice. I know I am improving and that is due to PW Members...and the forum... :good: I feel a group hug coming on..cheers lads

I have been out a few times with PW members and have always used my own cartridges,its only right that Newbies like myself offer to cover some of your costs for diesel or cartridges.

Had some great days of sport and banter and have met some great people,its great to visit different areas and crops and more importantly gain some useful tips and advice. I know I am improving and that is due to PW Members...and the forum... :good: I feel a group hug coming on..cheers lads

I have taken some 1 new out once a week !! Met some great people and it's a cracking laugh !! Don't help at mo that shops have run low on fibre carts ha :(

I take plenty of folk out and do not charge or ask for any kind of payment.

But i do not supply the cartridges for them to shoot.

I think most of the people taken appreciate you have given them a day out.

If i take someone and they travel quite a way to get to me i usually stay out as long as they want too.

I wouldn't expect to have my cartridges paid for if I were invited for a day out. In fact, as money is tight for me ATM I would offer to pay for all of yours depending on how many we use that day and maybe a bottle of wine as a nice gesture.

i think i would be happy for people to just cover there own cartridges really like i say ime not after being greedy ime just after cutting my own costs as they are rather expensive.

thank you for your honest opinions i really appreciate your input.

now to start offering shooting to people.

i think i better do it on another thread.

cheers

Daz

i think i would be happy for people to just cover there own cartridges really like i say ime not after being greedy ime just after cutting my own costs as they are rather expensive.

thank you for your honest opinions i really appreciate your input.

now to start offering shooting to people.

i think i better do it on another thread.

cheers

Daz

Daz,

I think its only fair that people cover there own cartridges. I usually pay for friends carts if i take them for a day on the clays but that is not all that often. Its a different matter if you are shooting every week. Your spending a small fortune!!

All the best and good luck weening your friend off the free cartridges! :lol:

I dont think anyone would have any grumbles with you if you supplied the shooting and they supplied the catridges. I personally would never let you supply the carts if I was invited out for a day with you.

After all, you are the one with the permissions and the birds and you have been good enough to supply some sport so the least someone can do is pay for thier own carts and in my view if they wasn't happy with that they would be told to take a run and jump.

You could even take people out on the premis that you supply the sport they supply the cartridges. Even if you personally sat at shot off a whole slab in a day it wouldn't be far off what some people charge for a days decoying anyway.

I have paid for a couple of days pigeon decoying in the past, mainly for a change of scenary and a day out but wouldn't do it ever again. If I was invited out by someone I would be very happy for the day out and would show my appreciation with a token gesture of some kind and would certainly be shooting my own cartridges.

ATB

Col