OK, I realise I am out on a limb here and I will definitely get called anti semitic, racist etc but, why do I have to listen to a minority religion (wiki uk census- judaism 0.5% of UK religions) When Jedi (wiki uk census-jedi 0.8% of the UK religions) is more popular?

I am getting thoroughly ****** off listening to this **** every morning on Radio 4. Why is a religion that is miniscule taking up so much of my time when I can listen to the force :ninja:

Tin hat on and I'm well dug in and *** are you old school PW posters? Axe, Digger, YP????

LB

Ive only ever seen 2 jews in my entire life, once on the underground and the other 2 weeks ago in manchester. Both were this year.

I dont listen to radio 4. So i dont understand the problem lol

You have made my week geezer with your post.

Many thanks :)

LB

I listen to R4 a lot and find that anything Jewish is usually thoughtful, almost without religeous comment and certainly worth listening to. I find Jedi tend to refer to the Force all the time and I find it difficult to rationalise what they are talking about, very little proof of the existence of 'The Force'. Also, and perhaps importantly, Jews have been around a while.

I feel a vergence in the Force !

I'm not of either 'faith'.

I dont think the fact that a bunch of chuff wits stating that their religion was jedi night in the census is sufficient grounds to disregard all actual faiths that came in with less representation.

I always thought at the time that in years to come when folk are tracing their families and they trawl back through the census records how dissapointed theyll be to discover their 'jedi night' great great uncle dave was actually a *****.

I dont think the fact that a bunch of chuff wits stating that their religion was jedi night in the census is sufficient grounds to disregard all actual faiths that came in with less representation.

I always thought at the time that in years to come when folk are tracing their families and they trawl back through the census records how dissapointed theyll be to discover their 'jedi night' great great uncle dave was actually a *****.

think my relatives would find it funny that great uncle dave had a sense of humor and could have a laugh . cant see anyone would care anyway in the future about what faith is on a old census anyway they only want to know if they were related to great uncle dave not join the empire :lol: .if more people thought jedi was worth ticking a box on a form rather than other faiths it shows people are not believing anymore in traditional religions it would seem? oh well nobody was struck by lightning for doing it :lol: think there was a "biker" one on the last census

Edited by overandunder2012

• 6 months later...

Lurcherboy I see your profile pic is Bender,is he a brother of C3PO cos he was a bit camp too. :friends:

Yep, camp Freddy :)

Short lived Digger, the second thread I read turned into an attack on a poster for offering to buy rabbits from a PW member when he had access to shooting his own!

Nothings changed :/

PM'd you my number, bell me if you get down this way sometime.

I listen to R4 a lot and find that anything Jewish is usually thoughtful, almost without religeous comment and certainly worth listening to. I find Jedi tend to refer to the Force all the time and I find it difficult to rationalise what they are talking about, very little proof of the existence of 'The Force'. Also, and perhaps importantly, Jews have been around a while.

I feel a vergence in the Force !

I'm not of either 'faith'.

Yep, this.

LB, welcome back, for however long. :good:

LS

Prayer for the Day. Radio 4, 5:43am - 5:45am. Each week there is a different individual from a different religion (sometimes not a religion, so it covers all bases), who says something about morals and offers a prayer (of sorts)

Hardly a problem.

Ive only ever seen 2 jews in my entire life, once on the underground and the other 2 weeks ago in manchester. Both were this year.

I dont listen to radio 4. So i dont understand the problem lol