New project - 1960's Webley Falcon

Livefast123

Well I received my new summer project today to add to the SxS hammergun, courtesy of kennym :good:

It's a 1960's ish Webley Falcon S/N 1884 in .22 flavour. The gun is in good condition for it's age with only light surface rust on the bluing and the normal marks you would expect on a stock of this age. I intend to fully restore the stock, give the bluing some TLC with fine wire wool and oil, strip the innards to see what kind of condition they are in and will probably end up replacing the piston and breach seals along with a Diana 25 mainspring in order to make it a good plinker to teach the daughter to shoot.

The period Webley scope looks like the reticule is made of telephone cable so will be replaced with something more appropriate but I'll keep it as it adds a nice period look. Bits I know I need at the mo are a rear sight and a trigger spring.

Has anyone stripped one before, hits or tips such as do I need a spring compressor are much appreciated!

yflc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I gathered that the pistons are a bit of a problem with them, apparently you can get them welded so some people on the BBS recon. I put it all together and it cocks and fires ok so hopefully I have escaped that defect for now...........pistons are like rocking horse excrement.