New Member From Cumbria

Hi there, just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum members. Everyone calls me Bish/Bishop and I'm from Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria. I currently shoot air rifle at Furness Marksmen club. Looking to get my FAC & SGC in the near future once I manage to get some permissions.

Struggling to find land to shoot on despite knocking on plenty of doors so not really had much chance to get into the hunting side of things yet.

Hope to learn a lot from the pro's on here! Any advice would be appreciated.

Any local wildfowlers (FWA members) that fancy showing me the ropes would be more than welcome too!

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

Southern there's one near Birkrigg common and I've heard about another but just waiting on the details. When I get venues and dates I'll pm you and let you know.

Barraboy if you are still in touch with any of them then point them my way if they have a free slot In the near future. How could you leave the tranquility of Barrow? Haha.

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)

Southern there's one near Birkrigg common and I've heard about another but just waiting on the details. When I get venues and dates I'll pm you and let you know.

Barraboy if you are still in touch with any of them then point them my way if they have a free slot In the near future. How could you leave the tranquility of Barrow? Haha.

Thanks very much :D:good:

Thanks Vulpicide, might just have to wander over that way and check it out for myself. Never been before so it should be an experience.

highseas I live near walney mate (or barrow island if I must confess haha) . What about you? You do much shooting round these parts?

Have to say, you're a friendly bunch aren't you!

Thanks Vulpicide, might just have to wander over that way and check it out for myself. Never been before so it should be an experience.

highseas I live near walney mate (or barrow island if I must confess haha) . What about you? You do much shooting round these parts?

Have to say, you're a friendly bunch aren't you!

yeh i know barrow island well, and walney for that matter i have lots of famlie at dalton and askham as well as barrow, now ime away up the coast just near whitehaven, i used to do a bit of mouching around burlinton quarry and burkrigg common ahh happy days....do you know "brady" who used to frequent/run the robin hood pub ?

yeh i know barrow island well, and walney for that matter i have lots of famlie at dalton and askham as well as barrow, now ime away up the coast just near whitehaven, i used to do a bit of mouching around burlinton quarry and burkrigg common ahh happy days....do you know "brady" who used to frequent/run the robin hood pub ?

Last time I heard of someone using the quarry they got prosecuted for armed trespass or something so I steer clear of that but I've been up near Birkrigg a few times.

What do you shoot these days? I'm only on an air rifle atm but looking to get a shotgun soon.

If you're ever in the area mate give us a shout.