Cleaning The Engraving

Raptor1971

I've noticed just lately that the engraving on my Lanber has started to blacken, during the hot spell and can only put it down to the sweat from my hands ( salt ect )

I clean the gun once a week inside and out if required more internally and a quick wipe down of the outside of the barrels and clean the stock. I've tried the cleaning cloths but it just wont budge

any ideas or manufacturers of a decent cleaning solution to help get it sparkling again

sean

Strip down either boil off in a mild caustic solution or use an ultra sonic cleaner . Buff off with soft steel wire brush and chalk . Lacquer action and parts then re assemble making sure there is no lacquer on the face or baring surfaces .As the "engraving" on most Italian guns is either rolled , acid etched or lazer cut on better quality guns ,it is often very shallow so any polishing has to be done gently to avoid risk of removing it altogether .Many "gold inlays " are merely plating and this will disappear with any polishing so be careful .