What's all of this blowing down the barrel malarkey?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do it all the time, it's got to be a bit of a habit over the years !! It's actually to stop the next load of shot traveling through the previous shots gas and crud. As some reckon it can affect the shot string, and also to check there's no heavy residue left int the barrels.

I love it as it winds other shooters up.........

That's the best reason for it, I used to have a bright red Beretta, one chap came up to me at a DTL shoot and asked why I had it? I told him it was to match my car. He stated that it was putting him off, to which I replied, Well that's another good reason! :good:

Its just a habit that some people develop, its not going to stop the next 28g of lead travelling at 1500 fps from leaving the barrel. For me i just scratch my balls between reloading and keep my fingers crossed that my barrels are clear.

Word reaches me that you have been doing that again! :lol:

Its a bit like hugging the guy who has just scored a goal - unnecessary, and rather poncy. As Vipa says, its not good for unchromed barrels to introduce moisture. Maybe seeming Ard makes up for being a bit poncy. Plonkers - just MHO.