Hide seat

Get yourself an empty 25 Litre oil drum, cut out the top on the inside, add some foam to the base and you have a comfortable seat that you can store your net and decoys inside while walking to your chosen spot. :good:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

In my opinion and having sold more than a hundred of them - these seats are the best- http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/220178-bergara-folding-shooting-seat-l67/

They have adjustable legs, are completely foldable, have a back support and swivel seat. Will work out more expensive than a drum, but if you after a comfortable seat it's the one.

Bucket seats are very good. Used one for about four years and does what it says on the tin. Downside is the ground has to be flat else it's uncomfortable balancing the thing all day. Other downside is the lack of a back rest.

The Bergarra is an excellent seat. No downside, each leg adjusts to almost any terain and the back rest makes it very comfy for long days in the hide. A little pricey compared to say the bucket seat but worth every penny.

Bucket seats are very good. Used one for about four years and does what it says on the tin. Downside is the ground has to be flat else it's uncomfortable balancing the thing all day. Other downside is the lack of a back rest.

The Bergarra is an excellent seat. No downside, each leg adjusts to almost any terain and the back rest makes it very comfy for long days in the hide. A little pricey compared to say the bucket seat but worth every penny.

Take a small trowel and even the ground out! :good:

I do agree that the seat will be better in the long run. But as I am not a big pigeon shooter I will stick with a b&q plasters bucket upside down and my shotgun bag as padding :) for a long time I didn't bother just found a rock or some wood !

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion and having sold more than a hundred of them - these seats are the best- http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/220178-bergara-folding-shooting-seat-l67/

They have adjustable legs, are completely foldable, have a back support and swivel seat. Will work out more expensive than a drum, but if you after a comfortable seat it's the one.

Superb seat. Very durable and no problems to date.

My mates use swivel buckets and complain of a sore **** constantly!

I've got to agree with JBS. I ended up with 4" of sponge, which although is a lot more comfortable at first, it only really delays the inevitable, the sore derriere. They seem to be great for a while then it kicks in.

I now use an ultra lightweight foldable canvas seated chair, which has bars across the bottom as opposed to legs that sink in soft ground. Plus a back rest. The fact that the seat moulds itself to your bodyshape, prevents the soreness setting in. Believe me, it's a massive improvement.

Any chair that has a rigid seat area, no matter how cushioned, will eventually result in a sore behind.

I have a 99p plastic bucket from B&Q. Used the foam from my rear seat I rippef out the vitara. Cut a peice of ply to screw to bucket base, covered the foam with camo material, stapled to ply.Cheap seat & and someting to put all my used carts in at the end of the day.

I have a few seats...my main one is the type they used in a collage or school. Very comfortable and not so heavy, I welded 2 bars an inch up across the legs to stop it sinking. It is a bit bulky however, that is outweighed with no chance of a sore back on long days in the hide..

I made a fold up seat as the ones on the market are way to short....my ditch seat is fantastic when the need arises.

To be honest I would not have a bucket seat for the reason they are half way to nothing, people use them so they have a place in shooting.

TEH

I used a cheap cammo fishing bucket for a few years with 3" of foam glued to the top... Basically a cheap DIY version of the proper swivel bucket seats. It worked well.... But I'm pretty tall and always found myself hunched on it with my knees too high and my neck bent. I'd often come back from a longer session with a sore back.

So I bought a Bergara off here... A bit more expensive, but a very good kit of kit. Now I can get the correct level and height and I've got a bit of a back rest.

If you go out often, I'd say worth the investment.

Adam

• 4 weeks later...

Have made a lot of seats for people, bit of round bar up to you what size. Put a point on it and weld on a square foot plate. Top end skim the bar down to allow for bit of steel tube to slip on, about 10" down weld on a big nut so that the tube has something to rest on. So take your 10" bit of steel tube and weld on a square plate about 3"x3" should do, bore three holes in it and cut a circular piece of ply and bolt it to your plate. Now you have a seat that will swivel right round. Sounds a lot of work but it's not, pity I don't know how to put pics up I could show you.

Well my swivel bucket seat broke today!! Think I might upgrade looking for somthing metal based. Any recommendations

see below lol good strong job for life.

Well my swivel bucket seat broke today!! Think I might upgrade looking for somthing metal based. Any recommendations

see below lol good strong job for life.